Some kind of texture error.. I think?
Hi, I've just finished installing all of the things needed to play on one of the servers such as the flcontent, half-life stuff etc and I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly since I followed the instructions on the guide.

When I joined the server, there were some pink and black square textures and there would be 'ERROR' spelt out in red. How can I fix that so everything looks normal?

http://prntscr.com/2h3mu7
Okay, you say you have installed the FL Content + HL Content.
Then this looks like you are missing the CS:S content. If you have the game, you must install it and monut it in GMod.
Or this is just a similiar bug I got in V33x. The gas station was made out of ERROR signs, and there were pink & black checkerboard textures in some places that are normally fine. Have you rejoined a few times before posting this thread? If no, then just try rejoining, it helped me fix the V33X bug.
i have self control
This is the missing HL files. How did you place the material folders? Are you sure download part 1 and 2?

Had that problem before, solved it by placing HL material in my add-on folder. Kindly give me a screenshot of you add-ons folder and I might just see what you might have done wrong
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Well if there are many Pink and White textures, that means you do not have Counter Strike Source installed.
As for the errors and such, make sure the FLContent folder is unzipped and placed as one folder inside the addons folder. Note that the Steampipe fix back in June or so has changed the location from Username>Garry's Mod to Common>Garry's Mod. A workshop addon I would like to point out for the meantime this is not fixed is error hide, which removes the tedious "ERROR" Signs from your screen.
I don't think its CSS. On my other computer I had texture errors (when having CSS installed), later on I added HL2 content and it got solved.
Kind Regards,
Floodify