Re-downloading content repetetly.
In the early fall my brother started to play on Fearless. Every single time he was joining the server he had to download certain materials, but it wasn't taking too long. He later quit because of the time it took to download everything, and his computer had too much shit on it. Now he has started to come back to Fearless, but unfortunately he need to download the whole content pack when he joins any of the servers.

So the question is; What is the problem causing this? The FL content pack is in /common/garrysmod/garrysmod/addon.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
It may sound stupid but a while back a new update came out making it that GarrysMod had changed from being called 'garrysmod' file name to 'GarrysMod', are you sure he isn't placing the content into the old file?

Mine goes common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/addons
[Image: image.png]

Ted - International Lover: My gear changes sound like Donald Duck
it's in GarrysMod folder so it shouldn't be that problem.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Try to put all the folders inside the flcontent in the addons folder (so the materials, entities etc). I had that problem aswell, but that seemed to fix it for me.
Didn't work.. :/
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I have a similiar problem:
Everytime I join ANY of the CityRP servers, I have to download the .ain file. And this everytime I join one of the servers.
And about the content: Make sure it's EXACTLY in the "addons" folder. I used to have my content in the materials, models, sounds etc. folders. But I cannot really help alot about this, since I never had this problem.
i have self control
If you remove the download folder from the garry's mod folder, then you download the contentpack from the website and extract it in the addons folder. Same for the maps but then in the maps folder, and you connect to fearless it should download the .ain file once and never again. I like to hear if it worked.

EDIT: This is easier to understand :S

Delete these:
GarrysMod\garrysmod\download
GarrysMod\garrysmod\downloadlist
GarrysMod\garrysmod\downloads
--------------------------------------- <to fix .ain>
Delete:
GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\graphs\rp_evocity_v2d.ain
if it is not avaible then delete the map
GarrysMod\garrysmod\maps\rp_evocity_v2d.bsp
and download this one: https://mega.co.nz/#!U0RiUQbI!KOiksQ3LQY...znvzKW96Os

for the other maps no Idea. I only had the .ain problem with v2d.
--------------------------------------- <If its all not working>
Reinstall Gmod and repeat all the steps above. Download the map I gave.
did not work..
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Have you tried putting the actual addon files into the addons folder? may aswell try.
(12-30-2013, 10:05 PM)Jarz Wrote: Have you tried putting the actual addon files into the addons folder? may aswell try.

Yep.. didn't work :/
Kind Regards,
Floodify