[ TUTORIAL ] How to fix being stuck on retreiving server info!
Rainbow 
Hey guys, so you obviously remember that problem I was raging about, well I just found a fix to it, it's very simple. You need to change your ip, a good experiment, is try using a proxy and you'll see that you can connect to the server. This is a temporary fix, I think if you want a new IP you'd need to contact your ISP. Proxy usually gives you high ping, but just as a test you can see if this works.

EDIT: A good proxy is tunnelbear, you get 1.5gb of data a month and the ping is usually under 200. Or you can get it premium like me for unlimited data.
A more permanent solution would be to disable port forwarding in your router as well as to enable UPnP, worked for me. Though, the UPnP part might not be necessary - depends.
(12-31-2013, 12:42 PM)Fuji520 Wrote: A more permanent solution would be to disable port forwarding in your router as well as to enable UPnP, worked for me. Though, the UPnP part might not be necessary - depends.

Will try that, thanks.

EDIT: How do I dis-able port-forwarding?
k.
(12-31-2013, 03:43 PM)danger.zone Wrote:
(12-31-2013, 12:42 PM)Fuji520 Wrote: A more permanent solution would be to disable port forwarding in your router as well as to enable UPnP, worked for me. Though, the UPnP part might not be necessary - depends.

Will try that, thanks.

go to your router's settings by:
1. press windows button + r
2. a run window should pop up, type in cmd
3. type in ipconfig in the command prompt
4. you should see a bunch of things show up, find 'default gateway'
5. copy the default gateway address, should be '192.168.x.x'
6. paste it in the browser

also, what router do you have?
(12-31-2013, 08:13 PM)Fuji520 Wrote:

Will try that, thanks.

Netopia something, I know how to access that but I can't find the option to dis-able port forwarding, i can find the one to port forward but not to disable.
k.
Sorry, my wording is bad. I meant to say remove any port forwarding you have for garry's mod. Also, you could try turning UPnP on if your router has that option.
(12-31-2013, 08:18 PM)danger.zone Wrote:

Will try that, thanks.

Netopia something, I know how to access that but I can't find the option to dis-able port forwarding, i can find the one to port forward but not to disable.

For disabling I believe you just delete the ports.
(01-01-2014, 12:34 AM)Martin Wrote:
(12-31-2013, 08:18 PM)danger.zone Wrote:

Will try that, thanks.

For disabling I believe you just delete the ports.

well I have nothing port-forwarded so, I guess this does not apply to me. Sad
k.
Do you not have UPnP options? Because that did the trick for me when I turned it on.
I had it turned on by default. Still not workin