Double Accounting Help
Question 
Ok so i often meet up with friends and stuff and i was wondering due to the ip tracking thingy (how you detect double accounting) If i & My friend would get banned if they brought there laptop round or i went to there house because it would be the same ip etc. Or do the admins tp to you and check its not the same person?
Just wondering how it works and if thats ok...

Thanks
- Beast
Well, from my knowledge, if you have an account on an IP adress and the account is permed, then your other account will show up with the same IP. So that would be classified as double accounting. But I am sure that the Administrators are not that naive and bans you immediately without a bit of a research. That's why some cases takes some time..

The IP adress is coming from your router, meaning if you change the router, you'll not have the same IP. However, the admins don't ban the IP if not nesseccary. They ban by SteamID, and if a player is found double accounting, then there will be something called IP Ban. There are no way to ban a certain PC or Mac completely (from where ever you go), yet. But no, if you are banned at one IP you are most likely not able to use the very Steam Account you had that been banned, since they ban the Steam Account first.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Zeigon
Frigin stupid how i was banned

What are you talking bout' Cats?
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I suggest you contact SoulRipper, Killjoy and Narcotic well in advance explaining that you will be temporarily connecting to the same IP as another user or vice versa because you will be going around their house.

With everything, the best thing to do is ask or tell someone and not just go and do it anyway.
Regards,
aviator
Also, we will not be revealing the inner-workings of our security measures.
The following 3 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • Floodify, aviator, DarkAngelx
(12-19-2013, 10:13 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: Also, we will not be revealing the inner-workings of our security measures.

(12-19-2013, 10:04 PM)Aviator Wrote: I suggest you contact SoulRipper, Killjoy and Narcotic well in advance explaining that you will be temporarily connecting to the same IP as another user or vice versa because you will be going around their house.

With everything, the best thing to do is ask or tell someone and not just go and do it anyway.

Ok, Thanks, i will do. Thanks for the help! Smile
Closed.