Quiet (Pretty much silent) Mic only on fearless!
No matter what I try, my mic is ALWAYS very quiet only on the fearless servers. These things have already been suggested and have not worked.
  • Boosting Mic gain (been said atleast 15 times and its already boosted)
  • Turning the transmit volume up (Everything is on full. Steam settings, gmod settings and windows settings)
  • Reinstall your drivers (Tried not worked)
  • Put the mic in a different USB port (Tried not worked)

I know the problem does not rest with my mic because it WORKS FINE EVERYWHERE ELSE

If an admin was able to edit my player settings and boost my in game volume or even lower the server volume perhaps, it would be greatly appreciated.

My mic has not always done this. I remember when I was able to speak fluently and clearly with my mic. Now, every time I try speaking to someone I get "Your mic is really quiet, can you turn it up?"

I have to type to get my message across which massively slows gameplay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading.
Like my post? Click Here To give me rep!
I used to have this problem and it automatically fixed itself. So I don't know what to do really, as it fixed automatically for me.
Would be great with some more informations.
Which mic do you have?
How far away are you from the mic, if it's a desktop mic?
Which mode do you use it on?(if it's a desktop mic) (Cardioid, Bidirectional, Omnidirectional, Stereo etc, if so try to change the modes.)
How long time have this been an issue?

Have you tried to use "test mic" while you're on fearless?
The Mic is Headset with stereo. All mic tests show the mic working perfectly its just unexplainably quite on Fearless
What headset do you use? I am fond with information regarding headsets.
Did you take the gmod mic test while you're on fearless?
I have taken the mic test whilst on fearless yes and it comes up again with no problems.

Jarz the headset I use is: Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000
(12-19-2013, 05:55 AM)Martin Wrote: Did you take the gmod mic test while you're on fearless?

I did a Mic test whilst on fearless earlier and rather than coming up normal the bar barely moved. So when on the fearless server the mic test shows it to be quiet as well.
Idk why, but I have the same problem now.
Edit: Overwolf crashed my in-game mic somehow. I just closed overwolf and it did work perfectly. (Don't ask me why it did interrupt with fearless mic.)
Edit 2: When joining fearless, it's muted again,.....
(12-20-2013, 05:45 PM)Martin Wrote: Idk why, but I have the same problem now.
Edit: Overwolf crashed my in-game mic somehow. I just closed overwolf and it did work perfectly. (Don't ask me why it did interrupt with fearless mic.)
Edit 2: When joining fearless, it's muted again,.....

I used overwolf after the problem started and stopped using it but the problem never changed if that makes sense.