Opinions or any possible changes?
So I'm planning to build a new PC as my one is a bit outdated. I've been putting together a couple of builds but think this one may be the winner (if I can get the money).

Part list here

I won't be building this anytime soon as I need to get a job and start earning, but it is around what I'm planning to get.

But, is there anything I should change or would you recommend something different?

Please ,let me know. Also, if any of you have any of the hardware listed, please can you tell me your review of it?

Thanks!

Hardware list (if you didn't want to click the link):

Spoiler :
CPU: Intel Core i7-4820K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
SSD: A-Data XPG SX900 512GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card (2-way SLI)
Case: Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case
PSU: Corsair 1200W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer

Why get a whole new unit if you could look into upgrading?
Or is it just really not worth the time.
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
You're planning on building the whole thing yourself? Why not just put your own pc together and then order it, saves time...
(12-12-2013, 06:32 PM)HellShell Wrote: You're planning on building the whole thing yourself? Why not just put your own pc together and then order it, saves time...
Maybe he will enjoy him self and this give him something to do, me and George have spoken previously about computer builds and I feel its a lot better to build your own then let someone else build it for you as it really isn't that difficult, also its a great feeling to achieve something and to turn it on for the first time after you have built it your self also i'm sure it will cost a bit less for the things he wants.
The following 1 user Likes Nathan's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy
(12-12-2013, 05:36 PM)kakcraft Wrote: Why get a whole new unit if you could look into upgrading?
Or is it just really not worth the time.

It's really not worth the time. I'm in need of a new machine.
Trust me, it's worth it. You will save a lot of money (based on my own experience).
Building your own saves a lot of money.
But, there's problems if you get a little thing wrong.
I build my own, it's enjoyable and rewarding.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
You wont need sli 780s for a while mate. Ill give opinions and statements when I get home
This computer is very good, although the 780 ti's are a bit overkill, get something like dual 770 or 760 ti's, you won't really need sli 780 ti's unless you are building a workstation to be honest.
But do whatever floats your boat man, i do recommend looking into detail of every component and perhaps do some comparations.
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member