Turning off the visual effects of Ricochet
Right. I have done some testing in regard to why I get lag in gun fights. I am sure some of you are aware of this . Fear no more! I have figured out what is causing it! It is ricochet when your/players bullet hits a prop it bounces away. This is resulting in myself and others in a lot of lag. I am wondering if there is any way of disabling the visual effects of this via client side so I can run the game with smooth FPS. If any of you have already figured this out, please spill. Also, I have conducted my own research and I was unable to find anything on google.
I can vouch for this, and ghost i left because i've frigin broke my gmod-_-

You silly... If anyone has any ideas how to client side disable the visual effects please say.
What are your system specs?
There could also be a bottleneck somewhere in your system, thus causing the lag.
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
My system specs are fine. I can run planetside 2 fine. I don't think it's to do with what you're thinking.
This lag happens to me only on the M9K Weapons. I don't think there is a way to disable this unless you did some custom coding. I know fearless uses MadCows weapons so you could look farther into that.
Bump. Still suffering with the issue. Would like this to be resolved Tounge