ARMA 2 - Island Life
Exclamation 
UPDATE

Update coming tonight to thread -OP

[Image: ArmA_II_Logo.png]

The Map

The Map is based on a real world location, Taviana.

[Image: F06043A9E4C550F91DBF0B4DA0D758761050773C]

The Classes

Government (BLUFOR)

Internal Affairs
The Internal Affairs (Cop1) is in charge of managing the general police force. His job is to handle decisions and manage situations that involve a higher officers command, such as dealing with an officer that is found to be corrupt, making final calls and dealing with complaints towards the police department.

Spoiler :

K-9 Patrol
The K-9 Patrol Unit (Cop2) is an officer that has the ability to bring a K-9 (AI Controlled) along with him. The dog has abilities such as chasing a suspect, sniffing vehicles for drugs, barking and many other functions that prove to be an asset to an officer on the field.

Spoiler :

Patrol
The Patrol Slots are officers that are generally found to be patrolling major cities as well as roadways.

Spoiler :
Link coming soon

Sheriff Department
The Sheriff Department is made up of a few Sheriff slots that include their own Sheriff Sgt. to be their lead. The Sheriff Sgt. makes decisions for them and also serves as their own Internal Affairs.

Spoiler :

SWAT Team
The Swat Team is made up of multiple SWAT slots. These SWAT members are in charge of high risk situations or times when the police call for backup. Bank robberies, High threat situations, Police Raids and such are all great examples.

Spoiler :

Detectives/Vice Slots

The detectives and vice slots are officers that are serving undercover. These cops have access to multiple unmarked vehicles as well as a license that allows them to buy items from regular civilian shops so that they can go even more undercover.

Spoiler :

Coast Guard

The Coast Guard is a team that is meant to guard the main waterways. Patrolling the ocean for pirates in armed boats to illegal fishing operations. The Coast Guard even sometimes gets called in to offer air support for fugitives in land, on the coast or making their way out to water.

Spoiler :

Emergency Services (Independent)

Fire Chief
The Fire Chief is the high ranking position among this division. Leading the division is their role. Managing resources, budgets as well as commanding what the Emergency services division is doing.

Spoiler :
Link coming soon

Paramedics
There are multiple Paramedic slots available. Their duty is to serve the people and the police. Handling situations from minor cuts and bruises to responding to car crashes and shootings. Equipped with the tools required to handle these situations as well as access to numerous emergency vehicles and aircraft.

Spoiler :

Fireman
The Firemen are reserved for those willing to put their life on the line for the duty. Responding to fires, explosions and hazardous situations.

Spoiler :

Civilians

The Civilian class is made up of [44] Slots currently. With many different varieties of outfits to choose from. The civilian class is one that brings many opportunities with it, whatever you decide to RP as is what you can be. There are some "common" things many people tend to do.

Private Military Company (PMC)

Spoiler :
The PMC class is a whitelisted class that requires an extensive application to be taken, which is then reviewed by staff members and decided on. PMC have access to custom uniforms as well as access to an armory that includes high-grade weaponry and vehicles. These vehicles include suburbans with pop-out miniguns, KA-60, KA-52, to many other security vehicles. This is a serious roleplay class and is not for those who are new to the roleplaying lifestyle, and there is much protocol to how one must behave and what one can do as a PMC.

Taxi Driver

Spoiler :
Civilians have access to a "Taxi Shop" which allows them to purchase taxi vehicles, though using the actual taxi vehicles are simply an option. Serving as a taxi driver, your duty is to get the person from point A to point B for a price that you determine.

Assassin

Spoiler :
Assassin is another white-listed class that is just as one would think. Paid to make a hit, and that is about it.

Bounty Hunter

Spoiler :
The Bounty Hunter is another white-listed class that civilians can access. Stopping by the bounty hunter shop, one could acquire things such as basic weaponry as well as non-lethal options to subdue a fugitive. Their job is to work with police in order to capture fugitives. When a person is wanted, they can be seen in a wanted menu with a bounty next to their name. If a bounty hunter manages to capture them, they can then request that the Bounty be given to them.

Ways to make money (Legally)

There are tons of ways to make money in the game, but i will go into detail about some basic ways which are the most popular ways to generate money.

Spoiler :

Fishing

Fishing is one of the common ways to make money. One can fish from ponds/lakes, though it is also possible to purchase a boat as well and head out to the water. Fishing rods are purchased at select locations as well as boat shops. Boat licenses are required in order to purchase a boat, and those can be acquired for a price at the DMV. One can simply fish in any part of water and catch a random quantity/type of fish. There are, however, marked areas around the water with the name of a type of fish. Going into one of these zones, and fishing, will give you that type of fish only.

Farming

Farming is another common form of generating cash. Harvesting apples, pumpkins, strawberries, wheat, and other things. These items can then be sold at food markets. Farming requires time and a means of transportation if one wishes to make profit. Purchasing trucks are a great idea, because one can simply load the items into the trunk and store a large amount in which they can then take to a market.

Ways to make money (Illegally)

Spoiler :

Drug Manufacturing

Producing Drugs is something that can earn a criminal loads of cash, though the risk comes with the reward. One simply has to purchase the seeds for the type of drug (Marijuana, Cocaine). They can only be planted in Gang Zones. There are 4 Gang zones on the map, and one has to be in a gang in order to capture these areas. Once captured, drugs can be planted in their territory. After a period of time, these drugs can be harvested and sold for a profit. LSD and Heroin can also be made, though they each have a different process. LSD is gathered in certain fields across the map, and Heroin is made by bringing pharmaceutical items to a Meth Lab. LSD is brought into a Gang Zone where one has access to a processing plant.

Robbery

Robbery is one of the more fun criminal activities that bring a profit with it. Robbing pharmacies, gas stations, and even the bank. Robbing gas stations (An NPC) is risky too! There is a slight chance (In most cases, quite rare) that the gas attendant could pull out a gun and kill you, or even restrain the criminal and call 911 (Which in most cases, could be worse!). The Bank is a much tougher thing to do, though sometimes may be rewarding. The amount of money in the bank is an increasing amount over time, and the player has to open multiple gates as well as a vault in order to be able to rob it. Opening the first doors trigger alarms that the police are notified of, and it is likely that a standoff will occur. Robbing players is another lucrative ways of getting money. Simply making a person put their hands up (They click 3 to do so), the criminal simply could click E on the person and have access to 3 options... [Rob Inventory, Check Inventory, Zip Tie/Release] There are rules to robbing people such as never robbing them twice in a row at the same place, as well as many other regulations.

Gang Activities

Like i said previously, there are 4 Gang zones located across the map. These zones are marked on the map under different names, and they are seen as a large orange square over an area. The Port, Northside, East Side and West Side. Each of these can be claimed by gangs and bring different perks with each of them. Each gang zone has the ability to process a different type of drug, which many gangs might have a need for. Gang wars are brought on when a rival gang enters an enemy gangs territory and tries to take it over. Gang zones also have gang shops in them, which can be accessed by the gang that controls it. Weapons, utilities and supplies can be bought from them. Though it is not "illegal" to control Gang zones, they are subject to police raids without warning. These raids bring on the ability for police to search anyone in the premises, which could prove bad if anyone has an unlicensed weapon or narcotics on them.

Fishing (Whaling)

Whaling is one of the most profitable ventures, i believe. There are two whaling zones in the ocean, and they are very illegal to fish from. Coast Guard is something one should be worrying about when it comes to whaling. Each whale fished, however, brings in a whopping $20,000 compared to the average of $1,000 brought in by normal fish. Despite the larger weight that whale is, a large boat is very capable of holding an abundant amount.

Pimping

Pimping is another one of the most common ways that criminals earn cash. Hookers can be purchased from a marked location on the map called, "Resale Shop". A maximum of three can be purchased, and they are a measly $20,000 per hooker. Having a hooker with you is not technically illegal, as it can be role-played out that it is a family member, etc. There are three brothels around the map, two of which are in the main city. Simply having the hookers in a car and parking near a brothel can bring in over $10,000 every 2 minutes, per prostitute. If caught with a prostitute, the police can charge you with a jail sentence of 15 minutes, per hooker. If you had three, you are looking at 45 minutes in jail. Vehicles with tinted windows, and the ability to get away fast are always a smart choice.

-DOWNLOAD INFO-

The gamemode, Island Life, is an arising gamemode in the ARMA community. This server hosts a modified version of this that brings a unique and fun version of the gamemode to the players. Visit here for more information! For those who need help downloading content, click here.
The following 2 users Like Nevy's post:
  • Imperator, RockHunter
Looks about right.
Maybe I try it one day.
[Image: KyhzLMb.png]
Credits to Rain.

Its quite fun, my favorite thing to do thus far is operate as a news chopper
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
Considering trying it out.
Not sure how much I would enjoy it though, I completely hate ArmA 2's inventory system.
I'll be downloading this as soon as I'm back in England!

I like the idea of being in a motorcycle gang... Cheese
(11-18-2013, 01:15 PM)RockHunter Wrote: I'll be downloading this as soon as I'm back in England!

I like the idea of being in a motorcycle gang... Cheese

[Image: 7E77A7110FD7A36497516EABBD76F028BA21BF0F]
http://www.cleanvideosearch.com/media/ac...HZ85NLD9fg
This is exactly like Tasistan RP but a different map. Like EXACTLY the same. Try Tasikstan rp out
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(12-09-2013, 09:31 PM)Wood Chopper Wrote: This is exactly like Tasistan RP but a different map. Like EXACTLY the same. Try Tasikstan rp out

Not really. They are however similar in the way the code is set up, but takistani life is pretty much where everyone is a terrorist and there is a military police. Island life has added a few things, and removed many things. It has a City Roleplay feel, and the maps add to that as well.
I'll try this when I get a new PC Wink
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]