[03/03/2016] Official standing on dictatorships
Policy updated 12/01/2013.

Loosened up a bit, now show us that you can ROLEPLAY a dictatorship properly and actively, ridiculous laws such as banning breathing and similarities are and will not ever be accepted.
Can you have a dictator ship that Execute their prisoners? and rules the city under Military Rule, with SRU to control whats in and out of the city. Etc.
If I were to ban any of the allowed reasons stated above, does that make me a dictator or must I ban all of them?
Q: Can you get raided for denying someone a license for having a shop or similar?

Q: I feel like the Running/jumping/breathing rule wasn't clear enough, are you allowed to ban anything revolving this or is that not allowed? Because it doesn't say in the OP thread.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(02-21-2014, 02:26 AM)GeneralSirens Wrote: Can you have a dictator ship that Execute their prisoners? and rules the city under Military Rule, with SRU to control whats in and out of the city. Etc.

No executions without it being an administered event.

(02-21-2014, 03:47 AM)sgtbender200 Wrote: If I were to ban any of the allowed reasons stated above, does that make me a dictator or must I ban all of them?

You are not required to use the title, but by applying your governing to the mentioned means, you may be subject to civilian resistance.

(02-21-2014, 11:16 AM)Midget Wrote: Q: Can you get raided for denying someone a license for having a shop or similar?

Q: I feel like the Running/jumping/breathing rule wasn't clear enough, are you allowed to ban anything revolving this or is that not allowed? Because it doesn't say in the OP thread.

No - people with a merchant job cannot raid following the rules, so therefore that would not be found acceptable.

It's clearly listed under a bolded title stating "Do not ban". You are NOT allowed to illegalize things that are natural or just doing it for the heck of it without any sort-of roleplay, that goes for hapiness and similarities.
Is this the general rules for dictatorRP or is this just some update?
Could these rules please be added to the F1 - Rules tab please?
I've seen a fair few presidents try to enforce dictator rules without realizing that they're not allowed (they'll usually remove them after people explain in OOC).
They can't really be faulted for it either as these dictator rules are quite hard to find unless you know where to look Also some players don't join the forums for a long time after playing FL or some don't join at all.
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • NotSep
UPDATE: Removed the 20 minute rule.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 4 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Awestruck, Huskii, Marty, DVN
'Ban below only with reasons - examples
Vehicles (visible crashes seen in action'

'Q: Is being a dictator a valid reason to be raided?
A: Yes, it is. If it is a dictator following the means above.'

So, can we raid for vehicles even though it states in the rules:

'14.2c You cannot raid the President because you do not like certain laws, unless they drastically impact your character. For example: Cars being banned from the city is not a valid reason.'
(03-03-2016, 01:35 PM)GHOSTK1LL3R Wrote: -snip-

Fixed it. Thanks for the note.
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]