Can't join the server.
Ok, so I finally got my GMod to work after weeks of trying. I wanted to get it to work just to play the FL server and can't even join it! It stays on "Retrieving Server Info" then say I timed out. It doesn't do this to any other server. (DarkRP, TTT, Stop it slender, any other gamemode, only CityRP)
It will play the music and say everything like my money, etc. It will do that for a couple minutes.
[Image: 8ua.gif]

Click this to see bacon
Again, first disable are your addons. Then try to validate your gmod.

Greetings,
Mavis
Try what Mavis said. Also are there any logs when you timed out? If so please post them here so I can do a small research. The timeout is because you probably freeze at the retrieving server info which makes the server unresponsive to you causing you to timeout.

This could help you too: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-EUDN-2493
I did that and nothing. If this helps any; when I press on the server it doesn't show who's all in it on the side. It does with every other server.

Spoiler :
Network: IP 192.168.1.106, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Connecting to 176.31.228.8:27015...
Connected to 176.31.228.8:27015

CityRP
Map: rp_evocity_v2d
Players: 48 / 55
Build: 5352
Server Number: 1

[FL] Fearless [Semi-Serious Roleplay] [FASTDL]
http://www.fearlessrp.net/loading/loadv2...steamid=%s
cityrp_made_by_fearless_copyright_2013_fl
rp_evocity_v2d
Disconnect: Rebirth Tyler timed out.
Disconnect: Rebirth Tyler timed out.

Click this to see bacon
If I am right you installed a new PC, right? What you should try is turn off your firewall and anti-virus and rejoin. If it doesn't help just turn it back on. This seems like a network problem to me, what wireless internet adapter do you use or do you use a LAN cable?
(10-14-2013, 09:20 PM)Weecow Wrote: If I am right you installed a new PC, right? What you should try is turn off your firewall and anti-virus and rejoin. If it doesn't help just turn it back on. This seems like a network problem to me, what wireless internet adapter do you use or do you use a LAN cable?
It didn't work. I have a ethernet cable plugged in so, yah LAN.

Click this to see bacon
Try to rename your garrysmod folder (Inside the steamapps folder) to garrysmodbackup, after that run your game and join. If it works you need to reinstall the custom content. This should be the fix for it.
(10-14-2013, 10:38 PM)Weecow Wrote: Try to rename your garrysmod folder (Inside the steamapps folder) to garrysmodbackup, after that run your game and join. If it works you need to reinstall the custom content. This should be the fix for it.
If I do that, I can't launch my game.

Click this to see bacon
Have you simply deleted your entire garrysmod folder straight from the common file, and reinstalling through steam?
This is considered a fresh reinstall, and if you have never tried it, it will clear anything that may be corrupted.

It's worth a try, although it probably wont fix your problem.
(10-15-2013, 03:22 AM)Jarz Wrote: Have you simply deleted your entire garrysmod folder straight from the common file, and reinstalling through steam?
This is considered a fresh reinstall, and if you have never tried it, it will clear anything that may be corrupted.

It's worth a try, although it probably wont fix your problem.
Yes, I just tried that. Still nothing.

Click this to see bacon