Library of Known Problems and Solutions
Problem 1: Getting Stuck on Client Info
Solution(s):
Join a single player game first then try joining

Goto your garrysmod folder -> Remove Cache -> Loadup gmod -> Make your own rp_evocity_v2d MULTIPLAYER server -> Click disconnect -> Join Fearless server -> Problem Solved :-)

launch options -> Add: -dxlevel 81

right click on garrysmod (in the steam menu) -> preferences -> set launch options, then put in the following:
-dxlevel 81

- Open up steam
- Go to library
- Right click gmod -> Properties
- Press the "local files" tab
- Reintegry of game cache

Problem 2: Hl2 Exe stopped working Stoped Working on start Up of Gmod
Go to gmod properties
Click select launch options
Delete what ever is there
copy and paste: -dxlevel 81

Problem 3: steam validation rejected
Join a a diffren server and download the files, then jump out of that when you download the first file and enter the server again

If there is an admin online, they can kick you (because you'll be stuck ingame) then you can rejoin.

Problem 4: Lost My Stuff
Dont Whine
Pm an admin, and try and get some screen shots of what you had before, this is not a techniacal issue.

Problem 5: My inventroy is gone and everyone is laughing at me.
Rejoin the server, it will fix this issue, but it wont fix your pride

Problem 6: The server says I'm banned, why and for how long?
You can see how bad you Failed here - http://fearlessrp.net/bans/index.php

Problem 7: I am at the lake but I am unable to Fish?
Go to the wooden walkway, then hold your fish over the water till a message comes up on your screen

Problem 8:I keep seeing a black screen and my name comes up in yellow on the scoreboard, why?
It appears that the game mode has crashed, if nothing changes within 5-10 mins then report the incident to an admin.

Problem 9: I can't spawn my car why?
It appears your car is probbably out somewhere or someone else has your car, its very unlikely its a technical issue.

Problem 10: I'm seeing lots of errors when I first joined the server
Check you have CSS
Re-install GMOD

Thanks - Dryblood
The following 1 user Likes Dryblood's post:
  • Bolow
LOL because of
Add: -dxlevel 8
i fuckt up my gmod!
now everytime when i add any light object in the game gmod crashes!!
Thnx aloth!
Sometimes when you crash and come back and your car is still on server it says this is not your car :S
and Hackeriss.lv I don't think changing direct X level will fuck up your gmod

(07-02-2011, 02:58 PM)Hackeriss.lv Wrote: LOL because of
Add: -dxlevel 8
i fuckt up my gmod!
now everytime when i add any light object in the game gmod crashes!!
Thnx aloth!

Then go back to your launch options and remove it...
(07-02-2011, 03:06 PM)Mahti Wrote: Sometimes when you crash and come back and your car is still on server it says this is not your car :S
and Hackeriss.lv I don't think changing direct X level will *** up your gmod

Actually belive me, The orangebox isn't fully compatiable with dx 8, i recommend -dxlevel 81 cause somethings are rendered better but belive me, dx 8 caused these problems:
When I press tab the game crashes with this excuse - Lua Error Dump
When I spawn some weapon from inventory I crash either with this error or with this one - CDML:: Out Of Memory .
(07-02-2011, 08:36 PM)*|X|*Y0U*|X|*$UCK*|X|* Wrote:
(07-02-2011, 03:06 PM)Mahti Wrote: Sometimes when you crash and come back and your car is still on server it says this is not your car :S

Actually belive me, The orangebox is fully compatiable with dx 8, i recommend -dxlevel 81 cause somethings are rendered better but belive me, dx 8 caused these problems:
When I spawn some weapon from inventory I crash either with this error or with this one - CDML:: Out Of Memory .

Might be because of your ram you need moar.
(07-03-2011, 10:05 AM)Numb3r Wrote:
(07-02-2011, 08:36 PM)*|X|*Y0U*|X|*$UCK*|X|* Wrote:

Actually belive me, The orangebox isn't fully compatiable with dx 8, i recommend -dxlevel 81 cause somethings are rendered better but belive me, dx 8 caused these problems:

Might be because of your ram you need moar.

Sorry for the little bump but Numb3r you are wrong. I always have about 50% free RAM, I got 80% when there's too much going on but this is RARE and I have always enough ram to do all shit. This error is for models, some 3d modelers who make models for gmod get this error when they test them because they have done something wrong or the model isn't rendered correctly. +This error appears only on dx 8 and 81 and both DXes render many things incorrectly. And as far as I know there are a lot errors in DX 8 on OB engine, few months ago they started fixing some of the errors.
Hi i tried all these things and none of it works
it happens when i try to join the game it gets to sending client info or whatever and than it crashes with all types of diffrent errors like hl.exe has stopped working and some other ones that i cannot remember right now but i will tell you if i see them again anyway it only seems to happen to this server and none of the other ones so can you please help me i dont wanna waste that $10 >Sad
(07-17-2011, 12:28 PM)Iamcreeper5430 Wrote: Hi i tried all these things and none of it works
it happens when i try to join the game it gets to sending client info or whatever and than it crashes with all types of diffrent errors like hl.exe has stopped working and some other ones that i cannot remember right now but i will tell you if i see them again anyway it only seems to happen to this server and none of the other ones so can you please help me i dont wanna waste that $10 >Sad

lower the DX level

Try -dxlevel 50