Unfair/Misunderstood Ban
EDIT: Don't worry about lifting the ban, we've decided to wait to play together until tomorrow because I don't appreciate being spoken to in such a rude and sarcastic manner when I said nor done nothing to ask for it on myself. Thanks for checking out this thread if you were genuinely concerned though!

My friend is having difficulty signing up to the forums so I'm posting this on his behalf, I hope this is acceptable.

Your name: Angel

Your ban ID: STEAM_0:1:40636710

Banned by: [FL] Grub

Reason: "punchwhore"

Involved: Angel and several other people

Why we should unban you: Because it was an all big misunderstanding.

I can only recall two accounts when Angel was apparently being what you would consider a "punchwhore" and they were:

i) He was punching me to see if it took away my health (we were both experiencing this awesome sounding server together) and then some random player came along thinking he was assaulting me I guess and attacked Angel and then several others joined in and there was a massive brawl. We didn't say anything because we were finding it hilarious and I was just standing their watching until they destroyed him.

ii) The police kept complaining about the rebels that we heard and when Angel spotted a rebel he attacked them thinking he was helping the police but obviously it's wrong for a citizen to take the law into his/her own hands, but still I don't believe that's worth a ban, especially a ban of this length since of this writing, Angel still has 8 hours of the ban left and we can't play with eachother properly since now we understand how to play on the server. (we learned the commands and roles of different jobs etc last night on this site)

I hope an admin can read this fairly soon and sort this out so we can play together, we both want to be chefs and open our own restaurant. Frank & Benny's we're gonna call it! Cheese
' Wrote:He was punching me to see if it took away my health

You do realize this is an RP server and that your actions can and will be interpreted as in character?
(09-09-2013, 02:52 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
' Wrote:He was punching me to see if it took away my health

You do realize this is an RP server and that your actions can and will be interpreted as in character?

Are you trying to tell me that you justify a ban of greater than 8 hours (I'm guessing it was a 24 hour ban) is acceptable for a little fist fight? You do also realise fights happen in the real world and since this is a RP server designed to mimic said real world, meaning it can happen too?

I'm a little confused on what you're getting at in regards to this whole misunderstanding situation.
So in real life you would let your friend start beating you to see if it hurt, right?
(09-09-2013, 03:04 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: So in real life you would let your friend start beating you to see if it hurt, right?

Well not me personally, but there's a conditioning exercise some martial art schools and boxing schools use where your training buddy will continuously punch you in the stomach, so it could happen.

And again, are you saying this ban is okay for what I'm talking about? If he was running around like a moron punching everyone, (which is what I'd consider a good meaning for being called a "punchwhore", they I'd understand. But he didn't.
So were you doing a proper "Martial Arts" RP or were you just standing there punching each other?
You know what, don't worry about it. We'll wait for his silly ban to be lifted, I can't be bothered to deal with half-assed sarcastic replies from an unhelpful and rude admin.

Thank you for painting such a lovely colour on how this community feels for me and thank you for your time, good day sir.
Ban appeal reviewed and denied.

Closing notes:
Suspension for accused player, Angel (STEAM_0:1:40636710), will stand as issued.
Please note, this is due to user request. Apologies if my colleagues comments sounded rude but I can assure you he didn't mean it in that manner.

[FL] Aviator
Server Administrative Team
Regards,
aviator