[HELP]Miranda rights bind
i have wanted to get a good maybe one key bind of it 2 keys if needed thanks in advance!
Kind Regards,
Barney
FL Member

http://i.imgur.com/lSh4BmS.png
Have i ever helped you?,Do you think i'm a good roleplayer? hit the +rep button

Signature too large. -Termin
bind <key> "say You have the rights to remain silence, everything you say can and will be used against you, you have the rights to an attorney, if you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you by the court of law"

I'm not sure about the "say" part though, I didn't remember it properly, just do some tests Wink
To bind a key you first go to console by pressing f10 fronm defult on windows, then you type Bind (the key)"(the command"
"Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it." - Benjamin Franklin
You have to split it up in 2 binds as you do not have enough space for the letters btw.
(09-04-2013, 08:17 PM)HellShell Wrote: You have to split it up in 2 binds as you do not have enough space for the letters btw.

thanks! btw i know how to bind keys have like 311 hours just needed a good short version
Kind Regards,
Barney
FL Member

bind key say "You have the right to remain silent, you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something you may later rely on in court. Anything you do or say may be used as evidence"

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

(09-04-2013, 09:19 PM)Professional_instinct Wrote: bind key say "You have the right to remain silent, you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something you may later rely on in court. Anything you do or say may be used as evidence"

Does it fit in one bind?
Kind Regards,
Barney
FL Member

Code:
bind p "say You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney."

bind l "say If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Understanding each of these rights, do you now wish to speak to the police without a lawyer being present?"

If they do not fit into the text box, remove a couple unneeded cosmetic words. But this is the way I learned it.

Let's break down the miranda rights though. An officer must tell the suspect they have the right to remain silent;
anything the suspect does say can and MAY be used against them;
they have the right to have an attorney present before and during the questioning; and
they have the right, if they cannot afford the services of an attorney, to have one appointed, at public expense and without cost to them, to represent them before and during the questioning. And then the waiver.

(09-04-2013, 09:19 PM)Professional_instinct Wrote: bind key say "You have the right to remain silent, you do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something you may later rely on in court. Anything you do or say may be used as evidence"

No offense, but
1. You're taking half the entire point of the Miranda Rights out of the equation in that form.
2. That is a wierd ass "form" of the MRs.

The MRs were created in 1966 during the case on Miranda vs. Arizona, and some other information about protecting a persons 5th and 6th amendments.
(09-04-2013, 11:35 PM)Jarz Wrote:
Code:
bind p "say You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney."

bind l "say If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Understanding each of these rights, do you now wish to speak to the police without a lawyer being present?"

If they do not fit into the text box, remove a couple unneeded cosmetic words. But this is the way I learned it.

I'd Trust Jarz over anyone else. The one I use is just like his. Pretty close.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney"

"If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you. Do you understand your rights? Is there anything you would like to say without a lawyer being present?"

Pretty close but I'd trust him over myself aha he is the one in Police Academy after all.
(09-05-2013, 12:58 AM)Rolorox Wrote:
(09-04-2013, 11:35 PM)Jarz Wrote:
Code:

I'd Trust Jarz over anyone else. The one I use is just like his. Pretty close.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney"

"If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you. Do you understand your rights? Is there anything you would like to say without a lawyer being present?"

Pretty close but I'd trust him over myself aha he is the one in Police Academy after all.

Another way to say the waiver is simply this:
"Do you wish to speak"? 5 simple words gets the entire point across, however does not look as professional, and I take professionality very highly. It also seems very demanding, and you JUST read the MRs, stating they don't need to speak! Pretty silly, but it still works.

The waiver is not even required to my knowledge, but I do believe getting confirmation that they understand the rights is... "Do you understand your rights?"