People are ruïning my RP experience. What to do?
Good question. What can you do about it?

Well, before you begin. Read THIS!

If someone is not following the rules. You can first try him to help understand the rules. If he is not listning and irritating you, you can make a 'Ban Request'. A ban request is a request to the admin to 'Ban' the player. But before making a ban request you must have a couple of things.
  • Player's steam name and steam ID
  • Time when it happend (so the admin's can check the server logs)
  • Which server it happend (v2d, v2p, v33x, (or build))
  • Your story, what happend (Lying is zero tolerance. You could be banned if you do that.)
  • Evidence

If you've got the player's name (or players if more) you can get the steam id here.

Then you've need the Evidence.

Most times screenshots are enough. But video's are always better.

To take one or more screenshots in Garry's Mod Press F5

To record a video there are more possibilities.
  • Garry's Mod
  • Fraps
  • Mirillis
  • FearlessRPLauncher
  • And even more

Garry's Mod

Spoiler :
1. Go into console, to open the console press the ~ key (top left of your keyboard, under esc).

2. When you open the console type gm_video to start recording, type it again to stop. This will not record sound though.

2. You could also type record "demoname".dem, when you want it to stop simply type stop in the console Not quit then you exit the game...

3. To find these videos they will be in your C:\Program Files, or (x86)\Steam\steamapps\(steam username)\garrysmod\garrysmod\videos.

Fraps

Spoiler :
1. Start Fraps

2. Go in Garry's Mod (In the top left corner you see your current framerate. If you see this you know that Fraps in started.)

3. To start recoring press F9 (The current framerate text turns red. Now you know you're recording.)

4. To stop recording press F9 again. (The current framerate text turns normal.)

5. You can find your video in "C:\Fraps\Movies"

(6. To speed the upload time comprimate the video using several software. The best I know is FreeFLVConverter.)

Mirillis

Spoiler :
1. Start Mirillis

2. Go in Garry's Mod (In the top right corner you see your current framerate. If you see this you know that Mirillis in started.)

3. To start recoring press F9 (The current framerate text turns red. Now you know you're recording.)

4. To stop recording press F9 again. (The current framerate text turns normal.)

5. You can find you're videos in Mirillis (left panel). You can direct upload them to facebook or Youtube.

FearlessRPLauncher (based on Fraps)

Spoiler :
1. Start FearlessRPLauncher and choose in the menu With Fraps and choose server. (if you see the framerate top-left you know Fraps is started).

2. To start recoring press F9 (The current framerate text turns red. Now you know you're recording.)

3. To stop recording press F9 again. (The current framerate text turns normal.)

4. You can find you're movies/screenshots in the FearlessRPLauncher > Video Editing Record Folder/Screenshot folder. If not then in C:\Fraps\Movies or Screenshots.

(5. You can speed up the upload time to youtube using a video comprimator. You can find it FearlessRPLauncher > Video Editing > Video Comprimator > Choose your video.)

Now, putting it all together!

We do it using Soulripper's template. (if you not using this template, it could me messy and ignored).

If you have everything in place and you post you're ban request, you have to wait!

Do NOT PM your threat to the admin just wait until someone or an admin has reacted. (if you do that you could be banned or ignored the other time).

I hope you got something on this!

Cheers!
Mavis Dracula

PS: Sorry for my bad English i'm still learning it Tounge
The following 2 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • Victorinox, Enzyme