Unban request
Your name: Smeltetost

Your ban ID: 36832

Banned by: [FL] Aviator

Reason: Ban Request 36636 Approved - "Breaking FearRP.

Involved: Deriptz (The publisher of Ban Request 36636).

Why we should unban you: At first I would like to state that I am apologizing if my behaviour resulted in a disappointment to the Fearless community.

The reason for my unban request is the fact that I never relised he had any weapon, nor a tazer aiming at me. I never saw it and this is shown in the video, the only opportunity I would have had to see it was the half a second I had to turn around and that is hardly long enough for me to register it. (BR here - http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=36636)

"Breaking FearRP" is a very broad and vague term. And the way I interpret it is: "Doing something you would not do in real life." Would a person, in this situation, a "jailbreaker" run away from a warden saying: "Get on the floor now!"? In my opinion, yes. I am convinced he or she would, at least if the person did not see any weapons, such a tazer, pointed at them.

The warden never stated that he had something harmful pointed at the character, nor that he would use force to get the affected down on the floor. All the affected could learn from the statement " Get on the floor!" was the fact that the warden wanted her on the floor.

I believe what I did in the situation was not to break FearRP, rather, I was simply roleplaying myself avoiding arrest due to the lack of any immediately apparant threat, based on the fact that I never saw anything pointed out to harm me.

Will I break "FearRP" again? Most likely, yes, but who wouldn't? It's a common mistake. The reason for that is because we, as players, think differently. To one person, what I did was obviously breaking fearRP, to others, it was not.

Will I break "FearRP" intentionally? Never.

I have a reputation as a calm and decent RPer. I want to keep that reputation. I have been banned once before, that is 350 hours* played ago. I hope you will take that in consideration when you read my appeal.

Based on that explanation I wish for my appeal to be approved.

Best regards
Smeltetost.

*Approximately. I can not check my hours in this state.
As you have said yourself "You players" have a rather simple job to do while on the server: Follow the rules. Since you started the "would you do it" discussion, let me end it. You might, but in order to play on our servers, you play by our rules. Let me quote one of them:
Rules Wrote:General Rules:
13. Follow FearRP. You can't attack a person who has a gun (or tazer) pointed at you, while you are unarmed, you must roleplay being afraid of the gun.

You might notice there are no ifs or buts in that rule.

Now, on the video, you had 2 chances to see the tazer held by the officer who is clearly chasing you. When you turned to look at him and when you reached the end of the corridor and turned around, then ran past him. What you did was sprint around in a jail while yelling in your microphone. Anyone sane in real life wouldn't have done that, in fact, what did you think that would accomplish?
(08-31-2013, 02:06 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: As you have said yourself "You players" have a rather simple job to do while on the server: Follow the rules. Since you started the "would you do it" discussion, let me end it. You might, but in order to play on our servers, you play by our rules. Let me quote one of them:
Rules Wrote:General Rules:
13. Follow FearRP. You can't attack a person who has a gun (or tazer) pointed at you, while you are unarmed, you must roleplay being afraid of the gun.

You might notice there are no ifs or buts in that rule.

Now, on the video, you had 2 chances to see the tazer held by the officer who is clearly chasing you. When you turned to look at him and when you reached the end of the corridor and turned around, then ran past him. What you did was sprint around in a jail while yelling in your microphone. Anyone sane in real life wouldn't have done that, in fact, what did you think that would accomplish?

I'll start by answering your first claim. I did not break anything according to the rule you quoted. Since I did not see it, I could not RP being afraid. If you believe that I saw it, I can not do anything about that. But I wish not to be treated as a liar.

The truth is that I did not see it. If he said: Get down or get shot/tazed, I would have reacted differently. I believe that is what a police officer would have said in real life.

To your second claim I have no good answer. I was trying to make a hysterical womans voice while avoiding being arrest. What did I think it would accomplish? I would like to know that aswell.

I find the ban unfair because this video does not show the "whole picture". It does not show what happened "outside" the game.
Did I play in first- or third-person?
Did I watch another way (irl) when I walked into the wall?
Did I blink with my eye the 0.5second my character saw the tazer?
+++

Best regards
Smeltetost
Hello,

After reviewing the ban request and your ban appeal, I will now bring evidence to show the suspension issued was fair. The suspension was issued due to a breach of the FearRP rule. This has been kindly quoted by one of my colleagues.

The ban request, as you have pointed out, is here:
http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=36636

A video was provided in the ban request which shows you breaking FearRP.

Video:

The user who posted the ban request, Deriptz, was clearly shouting through his microphone as a direct quote, "Stop, on the floor!". This was completely ignored and you continued to run recklessly around the Jail floor in the Nexus. Not only that, you turned around in the corrider giving a perfect opportunity to see his taser gun. Even if you didn't see it, you were still breaking FearRP as you clearly wasn't afraid of his weapon. In fact, you were running around shouting while you clearly knew an officer was on the same floor (therefore you knew you were tresspassing) trying to handcuff and arrest you, yet you persisted to run away. This is also fail role-play.

To conclude with the evidence presented and your alibi's given, the suspension issued was just as you were still breaking FearRP, and also FailRP by running away from the officer trying to handcuff you.
Regards,
aviator
(09-01-2013, 10:02 AM)Aviator Wrote: Hello,

After reviewing the ban request and your ban appeal, I will now bring evidence to show the suspension issued was fair. The suspension was issued due to a breach of the FearRP rule. This has been kindly quoted by one of my colleagues.

Video:

The user who posted the ban request, Deriptz, was clearly shouting through his microphone as a direct quote, "Stop, on the floor!". This was completely ignored and you continued to run recklessly around the Jail floor in the Nexus. Not only that, you turned around in the corrider giving a perfect opportunity to see his taser gun. Even if you didn't see it, you were still breaking FearRP as you clearly wasn't afraid of his weapon. In fact, you were running around shouting while you clearly knew an officer was on the same floor (therefore you knew you were tresspassing) trying to handcuff and arrest you, yet you persisted to run away. This is also fail role-play.

To conclude with the evidence presented and your alibi's given, the suspension issued was just as you were still breaking FearRP, and also FailRP by running away from the officer trying to handcuff you.

Understood.
Thank you for your time.

Best regards
Smeltetost
(09-01-2013, 10:02 AM)Aviator Wrote: Hello,

Video:

Denied for the reason stated above.
[Image: grubsiggy.gif]
"A man must stand in the eyes of fear and march on to lead those who follow him to victory. Through these battles, a man will build himself a home, a place of refuge and happiness for those he cares about." - Grub