Poll: Should we implement bus routes in the evocity2 server?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! Implement all routes.
71.43%
5 71.43%
Yes, but implement only some routes.
28.57%
2 28.57%
No, I prefer the old "Dial-A-Ride" service!
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Bus routes
A lot of RP communities are doing this. It clears up confusions and you don't have to request a ride; you just wait at the stop.

Here is the first one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Hc_KBfB...WC&index=1

the second one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsnQhBgDA...JGOTIsiAWC

the final one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oivHJ5N5H...JGOTIsiAWC

Tell me how you think of those routes Tounge

Every route starts at the train station. If this is approved I will locate more stops.
[Image: rob-ford-camera-smash-big.gif]

...that's our mayor, unfortunately. Rumors are going around that he has contraband in his office as well.
I like the idea of bus routes in Evo City, however every body will have their own opinions and their own bus routes. Your bus routes are in fact pretty cool and I like them.

On v2p, I personally start at the "Train station" near "Cub Foods". I then take a ride into the city and stop at the bus stops before proceeding down to the MTL and surburbs where the route will end. Then I will reverse the route, ending back near Cub Foods at my pretend bus terminus where I will wait for extended periods of time before starting it again. I suppose more bus stops could be of use on all the maps as currently I see users setting up their own.

The problem many bus drivers face are the people who see to think it is a taxi. Buses "usually" stop at permitted bus stops, not in a junction or in the middle of the road to allow one person on. Something like this could help end that sort of issue. I definitely think public transport needs some kind of improvement.

On a different note, I like your driving and the buses you used.
Regards,
aviator
The following 2 users Like aviator's post:
  • NotSep, Orion VII
(08-31-2013, 08:00 AM)Aviator Wrote: I like the idea of bus routes in Evo City, however every body will have their own opinions and their own bus routes. Your bus routes are in fact pretty cool and I like them.

On v2p, I personally start at the "Train station" near "Cub Foods". I then take a ride into the city and stop at the bus stops before proceeding down to the MTL and surburbs where the route will end. Then I will reverse the route, ending back near Cub Foods at my pretend bus terminus where I will wait for extended periods of time before starting it again. I suppose more bus stops could be of use on all the maps as currently I see users setting up their own.

The problem many bus drivers face are the people who see to think it is a taxi. Buses "usually" stop at permitted bus stops, not in a junction or in the middle of the road to allow one person on. Something like this could help end that sort of issue. I definitely think public transport needs some kind of improvement.

On a different note, I like your driving and the buses you used.
I think it is better to give the freedom to the drivers of which routes they decide to use and allowing them the option to create their own stops and using them.
We already have bus stops.