What to upgrade on my pc next...
Im mostly going to play Dayz while recording.

My current build :

Intel I3 @ 550k Dual-Core 3.2Ghz

Gtx 650 2gb Vram

2GB of ram

People say to upgrade my i3 to a i5 for 200$. not sure I need some opinions.
[Image: 9lQ10sX.png]
updated 1/24/2020
Upgrade your I3 but if you plan to record you might be wanting more RAM. I recommend grabbing two ram sticks (depending on how much RAM each one contains) and upgrading to 4GB
Kind Regards,
Wood.
But to be able to install extra ram you would need to ensure you have 64bit windows. If you would like to see better performance from your machine you will achieve this by upgrading your cpu and ram, I'm using the same GPU as you and that should be fine for now but if you ever want to upgrade that the gtx 780 would be a good choice but there are other less expensive options.
Upgrade RAM to 8gb as I'm guessing you're going to be rendering those video's.

You could upgrade to an i5.
The following 1 user Likes GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • yarrrs
You want a good CPU pc because dayz is a CPU core dependant game, and plus you will be recording.
So get a new Processor and More rams i would say 16 or 18 RAM, i have that much and a I7 CPU and it runs dayz with fraps and recording programs and i get 70+ FPS on dayz .
8GB is all you need for ram really, unless you always have a million things open. Upgrade to an i5 atleast, and get more RAM. The graphics card doesn't need to be upgraded for another while as it is still the 600 series.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
Yep, or if you want to spend a lot get a i7 3470k.

Just make sure you get a new mobo

4gb is enough for gaming, 8-16gb for workstation type stuff RAM-wise
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Get you're PC 4-8 GB ram, and upgrade to I5.

I hate how you can never play games, nor look on google for something well playing with me on DayZ. -.-
Get 2 8 gig ram sticks.

That thing will record boy.
first of all upgrade your RAM,
other upgrades will not take as much effect if you keep running at 2GB of RAM,
also im not sure how DayZ runs on a 2GB graphics card, you might want to check that,
I3 at 3,2Ghz is fine, I3 is the lower buget of the I cpu's, its a physical dual-core but its hypertreading so that means it functions as a quad-core, so that should be fine