[GUIDE] Fixing crotch guns
Brick 
Since alot of people has this problem, it had to be placed here. It's a guide how to fix guns being in crotch instead in hands. Most likely it looks like this:

Step by step:

1. Navigate to your garry's mod folder:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod

2. Now go to models\weapons.
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\models\weapons
You might miss models\weapons folder, if so then create them by yourself. So that will look like:
- Create a "models" folder in "garrysmod" one.
- Create a "weapons" folder in your new "models" folder.
- Don't make a mistake with already existing "models" folder in "materials", ignore it.
Be sure that all addons from the workshop are deleted, you will be able to add them again, after all.

3. Delete everything in models\weapons folder. Download this archive (*.zip approx. size ~5MB).
Extract its content here:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\models\weapons

4. Run your Garry's Mod and it should work already.

IF IT DOES NOT WORK

Go to this directory:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\materials\models\weapons\w_models

2. Now download this archive (*.zip approx. size ~3MB) and extract it to the directory above.

3. Run your Garry's Mod and try again, now everything should be back on its position.

=ADVN= nikorev00's guide (If steps above will not resolve your problem)

Quote:The Steps

*Make sure you have played at least 1 online game of Counter Strike Source!

1) Go to your library page on steam
2) Right-click on Counter Strike Source
3) Click Properties
4) Navigate to the Local Files tab
5) Click Verify Integrity Of Game Cache
6) Wait for it to finish
7) Make sure it says All Files Succesfully Validated (If not it will automatically fix it but repeat steps 1-7 just to be sure it fixed)
7) Right-click on Garry's Mod
8) Click Properties
9) Navigate to the Local Files tab
10) Click Verify Integrity Of Game Cache
11) Wait for it to finish
12) Make sure it says All Files Successfully Validated (if not it will automatically fix it but repeat steps 7-12 just to be sure it fixed)
13) Delete all TTT related addons (except for maps because those don't affect it)
14) Open Garry's Mod and see if the guns are now properly placed (if not, go to Last Resort)

Last Resort

Sadly if the First Steps did not work, you ended up here.

1) Delete and unsubscribe from all addons on Garry's Mod
2) Delete and reinstall both Garry's Mod and Counter Strike Source
3) Open Garry's Mod to see if the guns are properly placed

This should've worked as it worked for me and many other people.
The following 15 users Like Freezak's post:
  • Tandy, dig, Enzyme, Glade, Reebs, Cheesus Gamer, Rylund, Floodify, Good Sir, James_Gaff, Chumps, Zan, Pollux, rino, User 21796
I don't have
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\materials\models\weapons\w_mode​ls

but
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\materials\models\weapons\v_mode​ls

Is it important?

Try to go through this guide normally, if it will not work, then create a folder called w_models and try again.
Fixed, thanks for the guide !

Anytime, Jacaramba. If anyone still have a problem with crotch guns, even after doing all these steps above, please contact with me.
Thanks man!
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Nice guide, seemed needed judging by all the help and support threads regarding this problem Smile
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
waht do i do if i dont have cssThinking
Moved to Useful docs.
I used Step 1 the other day, works a treat, GG.