Unban Request: Deno #Dench
Your name: Deno #Dench

Your ban ID: 35117

Banned by: [FL] Jokhah

Reason: RDM, FailRP

Involved: Jellyfish, The real Todcat #Dench, BasedGodIsMyFriend2013, Fjonte #Dench, Jake14, swagg boiiii

Why we should unban you: Me and my friends were playing on the v33x server and became aware that there were people in the government who didn't appreciate the current president and would like to see him removed. We decided to attempt to take his life and install one of our own as the new president. Our coup was succesful and we installed 'BasedGodIsMyFriend2013' as the de facto President and dictator of Evocity.

To avoid failRP we kept our class as citizen and renamed our jobs 'Presidential Guard'. We then proceeded to secure the Nexus and make sure the current dictator was safe. We were aware that some of the police weren't too happy with our presence as the presidential guard so we disallowed them from entering the top floor. We kept one or two trusted SRUs with us to maintain the chain of command between the dictator and the police.

Needless to say it was not long before an attempt was made on the president's life. Thus began a series of increasingly desperate raids on the Nexus. Our loyal Presidential Guard repelled all these attempts on the dictator's life.

After a few hours of RPing this corrupt dictatorship [FL] Jokhah came up the lift in the guise of an SRU (with a fake name so we didn't know he was an admin). We were very suspicious of anyone in the police as many had attempted to kill the presidential guard, but I gave this one the benefit of the doubt as he hadn't appeared armed like most of the others. I cautiously let him into the inner part of the base so he could meet the president. Unfortunately at this point a raiding party arrived. I had been speaking to him and became worried he was there to infiltrate our ranks before the raid so I made the hard choice to kill him and then return to my post to defend our dictator against this cowardly attack.

After executing him he revealed himself as an admin and without further ado banned me and and anyone else in the area for 30 days.

I feel that although he may have had some motivation to ban us, the length of the bans were in this case too harsh. I honestly believe it was one of the most enjoyable RP sessions I've had on the server and anyone involved can attest to that. We RPed the roles well, we had a saferoom for the dictator and instead of powergaming like most noobs, we requested external gun dealers to come and arm us (I feel it was very harsh to ban the gun dealer that was with us for simply coming there and supplying us... we couldn't leave the nexus since we were being raided 24/7).

I feel we were hard done by as we didn't get a chance to show the admin the real RP we'd been doing and I feel he just reflex banned us on a one off incident (an incident that in my opinion was totally acceptable RP. As the head of the presidential guard I feel that executing an unknown person among our ranks during a raid to prevent the possibility of an assasination attempt on us would be very acceptable. I didn't RDM him, and he can confirm that, initially, I did let him in, and it was only because of the raid immediately following this, and the lack of personnel to watch him, I decided to execute him). I understand some people on the server may have been unhappy with the situation we created but I would say that we definitely obeyed the spirit of the rules of the server and this deserve to be unbanned (everyone involved) or at the very least have our ban times reduced massively.

I believe some admins have seen my RP at various points (I have been playing on the server on and off for years) and they can confirm that I am a very decent RPer.

Thanks,

Deno

EDIT: FYI the length of the bans were all 30 days. Also, there is nothing in the rules that says the RP has to be 'nice'. I feel that RPing a dictatorship is totally legitimate and adds flavour to the server. I have received RP points in the past for roleplay that admins appreciated. We didn't use our position as a dictatorship to RDM or indirectly break rules. We simply RPed by making draconian laws (such as having to pray to the dictator every 10 minutes or be arrested) or having to crouch while near the nexus. These were all designed to create the impression of a crazed dictatorship that was hellbent on maintaining power in the city. I understand some people (namely those who wasted $$$ trying to raid our asses) may have been a bit peeved at our position, but I feel if the admin got the story from them, then it would of course be totally biased and not suitable grounds for a witch hunt to ban us.
So, you were basically doing a government job (albeit custom) and then you decided to... execute and unarmed SRU? That's teamkilling.
You can't be fucking serious, jokhah personally saw your doomforting, rdmed etc

Oh and a quote from the dicktator "keep raiding us, your guns are appreciated"
It wasn't RDMing an unarmed SRU. Jokhah can confirm that initially I let him into the base (so doesn't really square up with your allegations of RDM since RDM is when you randomly kill someone for no reason). I had planned to let him come in and talk with the president. He can confirm that too.

As for us doomforting, we weren't really doomforting at all. I think it's more the fact that there were about 8 of us armed with automatic weapons that meant you guys had trouble succesfully raiding us. If doomforting now also means 'a heavily defended base' then that's pretty stupid. If there had only been one or two of us you guys would never have made allegations of doomforting. All the base props were mine and jokhah saw inside. He didn't include 'doomforting' in my reason for ban so don't make unfounded allegations like that.

As for failRP, I hardly see it as fail. We had good reason to kill the SRU guy. I think it's totally within the spirit of the rules given the context. It would be different if we just made some bullshit rule like 'all SRU will be KOSd'. We were in fact co-operating totally with the police, there were just a few rogue players within their ranks that didn't accept the president's commands to co-operate with the presidential guard and took it upon themselves to attempt to kill us.
You still don't understand that there were two road blocks stacked upside down on eachother creating a small crack in the middle, that crack was being used to shoot through and that is classed as doomforting.
(07-28-2013, 02:44 PM)Spyderr Wrote: You still don't understand that there were two road blocks stacked upside down on eachother creating a small crack in the middle, that crack was being used to shoot through and that is classed as doomforting.

I am aware there was at one point a 'doomfort' structure like you said, but I'm not sure who spawned it and it certainly wasn't me. All the defence props I spawned were simple 2x1 PHX props to provide simple cover to reload behind. We actually only built these structures in response to the raids. Initially we didn't deem it necessary as I find it annoying tripping over defence props.
oh and one last thing before I leave this to jokhah, you had 26 kills.
(07-28-2013, 04:16 PM)Spyderr Wrote: oh and one last thing before I leave this to jokhah, you had 26 kills.

is it really surprising I had 26 kills when we got raided literally about 10 times? I don't see why you've such a personal interest in this thread. Was it after you wasted about 5 molotovs and lost about 10 guns that you decided you'd like to see me banned?
I didn't use any molotovs and I only attempted to raid once and I didn't even lose a gun, I lost a knife hahaha. You're just a mingey rulebreaker, hence my interest in you staying banned.

EDIT: I lied I lost an mp5 when jokhah came on.
Deno, you shot me without reason or warning, then you said the president told you to do it. In any case it was RDM as I was non aggressive, fail rp for rdming a government official without just reasoning, and I watched as several of you gunned down unarmed surrendered people who never presented weapons in the first place. I'm going to deny this case, the length of the ban will give yall plenty of time to see if this "fun" rp is worth it.