Library of Known Problems and Solutions
Problem 1: Getting Stuck on Client Info
Solution(s):
Join a single player game first then try joining

Goto your garrysmod folder -> Remove Cache -> Loadup gmod -> Make your own rp_evocity_v2d MULTIPLAYER server -> Click disconnect -> Join Fearless server -> Problem Solved :-)

launch options -> Add: -dxlevel 8

right click on garrysmod (in the steam menu) -> preferences -> set launch options, then put in the following:
-dxlevel 90 -width 1440 -height 900

- Open up steam
- Go to library
- Right click gmod -> Properties
- Press the "local files" tab
- Reintegry of game cache

Problem 2: Hl2 Exe stopped working Stoped Working on start Up of Gmod
Go to gmod properties
Click select launch options
Delete what ever is there
copy and paste: -dxlevel 81

Problem 3: steam validation rejected
Join a a diffren server and download the files, then jump out of that when you download the first file and enter the server again

If there is an admin online, they can kick you (because you'll be stuck ingame) then you can rejoin.

Problem 4: Lost My Stuff
Dont Whine
Pm an admin, and try and get some screen shots of what you had before, this is not a techniacal issue.

Problem 5: My inventroy is gone and everyone is laughing at me.
Rejoin the server, it will fix this issue, but it wont fix your pride

Problem 6: The server says I'm banned, why and for how long?
You can see how bad you Failed here - http://fearlessrp.net/bans/index.php

Problem 7: I am at the lake but I am unable to Fish?
Go to the wooden walkway, then hold your fish over the water till a message comes up on your screen

Problem 8:I keep seeing a black screen and my name comes up in yellow on the scoreboard, why?
It appears that the game mode has crashed, if nothing changes within 5-10 mins then report the incident to an admin.

Problem 9: I can't spawn my car why?
It appears your car is probbably out somewhere or someone else has your car, its very unlikely its a technical issue.

Problem 10: I'm seeing lots of errors when I first joined the server
Check you have CSS
Re-install GMOD

Thanks - Dryblood
The following 3 users Like dryblood321's post:
  • Sniperwolf, 7rozen_7ear_, Craban
Useful, and I lol'd at "Dont whine" under Lost my stuff Tounge
Agree xD
New one:
No inventory - REJOIN!
(06-10-2011, 09:26 AM)dryblood321 Wrote: right click on garrysmod (in the steam menu) -> preferences -> set launch options, then put in the following:

i wanna say that i contributed that, since im the only one that i know that uses that resolution >_>

for the record, instead of putting 1440x900, you should probably put your actual resolution lol
another thing that should be put in there:

if you have a problem on connection with a server that says something along the lines of "Buffer overflow in net message" here's what you do.
Go to C://Program Files/Steam/steamapps/ACCOUTNAME/garrysmod/garrysmod/cfg create a notepad file called "autoexec.cfg". Inside that file simply put the following code (without quotes) "myinfo_bytes 8192".
Save that file as a .cfg file and close the folder.
Problem solved.
Updated
Dryblood, soulripper made a FAQ thread with ingame problems, so i dont think you have to make all that Fishing help & stuff Cheese Only the Blackscreen etc.
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

(06-12-2011, 01:26 AM)Andreas Wrote: Dryblood, soulripper made a FAQ thread with ingame problems, so i dont think you have to make all that Fishing help & stuff Cheese Only the Blackscreen etc.

It might have a few from his FAQ, I plan on putting more errors for gmod and stuff in.
Cool Cheese
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

(06-10-2011, 09:26 AM)dryblood321 Wrote: Problem 1: Getting Stuck on Client Info
Solution(s):

Goto your garrysmod folder -> Remove Cache -> Loadup gmod -> Make your own rp_evocity_v2d MULTIPLAYER server -> Click disconnect -> Join Fearless server -> Problem Solved :-)

right click on garrysmod (in the steam menu) -> preferences -> set launch options, then put in the following:

- Open up steam
- Go to library

Go to gmod properties

Join a a diffren server and download the files, then jump out of that when you download the first file and enter the server again

If there is an admin online, they can kick you (because you'll be stuck ingame) then you can rejoin.

Dont Whine
Pm an admin, and try and get some screen shots of what you had before, this is not a techniacal issue.

Go to the wooden walkway, then hold your fish over the water till a message comes up on your screen

Problem 8:I keep seeing a black screen and my name comes up in yellow on the scoreboard, why?
It appears that the game mode has crashed, if nothing changes within 5-10 mins then report the incident to an admin.

It appears your car is probbably out somewhere or someone else has your car, its very unlikely its a technical issue.

Check you have CSS
Re-install GMOD

Thanks - Dryblood

Actually question 9 is wrong I was trying to flip my car once and somehow it dissapeared after I pressed the prop to it to flip it I looked in the forest and at the pool it hadnt gone up at all no admins on so I guessed it was the return of the under floor glitch where if a car is parked on the kerb outside the nexus you come out under the road or you fall under the map and go crunch onto the road outside the city but in a new way
Also Storm's mom is a hottie and Andreas and King Guami do her all day every day. -In memory of the biggest Troll Thread in FL history
(06-12-2011, 05:10 PM)Dylanco1 Wrote:
(06-10-2011, 09:26 AM)dryblood321 Wrote: Problem 1: Getting Stuck on Client Info
Solution(s):

- Open up steam
- Go to library

Go to gmod properties

Dont Whine

Check you have CSS
Re-install GMOD

Thanks - Dryblood

Actually question 9 is wrong I was trying to flip my car once and somehow it dissapeared after I pressed the prop to it to flip it I looked in the forest and at the pool it hadnt gone up at all no admins on so I guessed it was the return of the under floor glitch where if a car is parked on the kerb outside the nexus you come out under the road or you fall under the map and go crunch onto the road outside the city but in a new way

"its very unlikely its a technical issue."

I cant put every possible solution.