Garry's Mod main menu problem.
It seems when I launch Garry's Mod, it will load really slow (during the loading screen with facepunch) and then it will show the background photo for a minute or so and then the worse happens you go to click something then about 10 minutes later it will open- I'am rather patient but this is happening 24/7 and just recently this week, I can't even refresh server properly- I go to refresh 5-10 minutes later it will appear then go to join without me knowing the server is down.. it's starting to get frustrating.

Anyone else got any solutions and am i the only one ?

P.S- My internet is perfect all the time- So that can not be a cause.
Also removed all my addons, still didn't work.
Go to your GMod root folder, are there any .mdmp files there?

If yes, choose the two newest dump files and put them here: http://dumps.metastruct.uk.to/

Then post the links.
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
(06-27-2013, 07:37 PM)Generation Wrote: Go to your GMod root folder, are there any .mdmp files there?

If yes, choose the two newest dump files and put them here: http://dumps.metastruct.uk.to/

Then post the links.

1. Here

2. Here
I ended my analysis. Here is the situation :

1. Quote:Unknown (Type 1197932545)
    StreamType 1197932545
    DirectoryData
    0000 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3c 4b 00 00 ........Location:
    RVA 68143
    DataSize 12

I think it is a bug of the error report.

2. Quote:Chat log and cvars / general info
    Assert( Assertion Failed: bufRet.GetUint8() == k_EClientCommandInterface ):e:\buildslave\steam_rel_client_win32\build\src\clientdll\interfacemap_client.h:1626

You could try to solve it by downgrading Steam from the Beta version.
    Start Steam, click on Steam (upper left corner) -> Settings ->Account and hitting the Change button under "Beta participation".
    Restart steam, older version would be suppose to be download and install.
    After, it is suppose to work ...

I hope this might help you!
... although, I'm not 100% sure of this solution. This is a probable solution to the problem you encountered.
(06-27-2013, 08:08 PM)Generation Wrote: I ended my analysis. Here is the situation :

1. Quote:Unknown (Type 1197932545)
    StreamType 1197932545
    DirectoryData
    0000 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 3c 4b 00 00 ........Location:
    RVA 68143
    DataSize 12

I think it is a bug of the error report.

2. Quote:Chat log and cvars / general info
    Assert( Assertion Failed: bufRet.GetUint8() == k_EClientCommandInterface ):e:\buildslave\steam_rel_client_win32\build\src\clientdll\interfacemap_client.h:1626

You could try to solve it by downgrading Steam from the Beta version.
    Start Steam, click on Steam (upper left corner) -> Settings ->Account and hitting the Change button under "Beta participation".
    Restart steam, older version would be suppose to be download and install.
    After, it is suppose to work ...

I hope this might help you!
... although, I'm not 100% sure of this solution. This is a probable solution to the problem you encountered.

Well it has worked and some degree - it is faster than before but still a tiny bit of time, but at least it's much faster now.

Many thanks, Friend- you've earned some rep Wink
Well!
I'm glad that my solution helped you and that it worked because I wasn't sure at all.
See you later !!
Another solution is defragment your system, fragmented files, especially garry's mod-related one might be the problem. I'm using Auslogics BoostSpeed, basically this program is awesome as it's cleaning my pc in 100% from things like:

- Registry errors
- Disk errors
- Trashes, unecessary files, temporary files
- Fragmented files

Last time i scanned my PC with this program 3 months ago. I did it today again, and my Garry's Mod is like 50% faster. I recommend it, good luck.