Having to re-download all models etc. because of new folder garrysmod_old
Basically ever since after the latest update I have to re-download every single model. This confuses me because the content is inside the folder.

[Image: YJa5FCj.png]

The directory:
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\username\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons
no longer exists so I do not not what to do

for some reason a new folder called garrysmod_old has been created and it is corrupting all the files so whenever I try to join a server it thinks I do not have the textures installed.

As you can see in the picture below I have all the required content downloaded and installed

[Image: AAO6jB4.png]
Even after moving around all the addons it still makes me re-download everything when I join the server
[Image: tqVtoO9.png]
You need to copy it into /steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod
That's the new directory.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
(06-23-2013, 12:47 AM)oo0spyder0oo Wrote: You need to copy it into /steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod

So I need to move flcontent and all that to:
/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod

Not
/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/addons
(06-23-2013, 03:46 AM)zedzdead Wrote:
(06-23-2013, 12:47 AM)oo0spyder0oo Wrote: You need to copy it into /steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod

So I need to move flcontent and all that to:
/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod

Not
/steamapps/common/GarrysMod/garrysmod/addons

Yes, Garrysmod is in Common folder now. Still put it in the addons folder inside though.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
If you have it in the addons folder and it still downloads, copy the folders inside the folder 'flcontent' and merge them with your materials, models folders etc in garrysmod/garrysmod
(06-23-2013, 04:50 PM)Termin Wrote: If you have it in the addons folder and it still downloads, copy the folders inside the folder 'flcontent' and merge them with your materials, models folders etc in garrysmod/garrysmod

How would I go about doing that