[READ] The server bug.
Information 
It is known that the server has a "bug" for some people which refrains them from opening q/c/F1 menu and acting in the game.

Here are a few suggestions on how to fix this, remember that these might not work.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Try the solutions on http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=590415

"Try this procedure: (WARNING: It will remove ALL downloads you have added.)

1. Right Click on Garry's Mod in Steam and Click Delete Local Content...
2. Browse to [steam directory]/steamapps/[steam username]/
3. Delete the folder called Garrysmod
4. Return to Steam and Right Click on Garry's Mod again and click Install Game
5. Wait for it to install all the way
6. Start the game and tell us if you have the same problem. " (source: the facepunch thread listed above)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For some users it helps to just clear their cache folder.

Try changing your steam language away from English, and that back to English. (-Lazers)

Please be patient with this problem and STOP posting one billion threads about stuff not working.

Thanks.
I would like to point out that none of those suggestions have worked for me, and following them may result in a colossal waste of time. :|

Then again, it may work! But it's unlikely.
This didn't work for Paven either.
I gladly don't have this problem, and never had either.
I am currently google'ing for any answers but I can't find any except this.

"Change your graphix detail and resolution" which I think is useless...

I'll keep looking and I'll make a facepunch thread.

Are there any errors in your console when you join?
try to join another RP server. If the RP mod is working there, then it's the server that is bugged and i honestly dont know the problem >.< but if it doesnt work on another server either,isnt it just to download and install the DarkRP from garrysmod.org?
Hmm, when on the server I'm getting continuous lua spam - something about the player variables for cityRP being null, or similar. Also, is DarkRP == CityRP?
is there two different RP mods at all????? >.<
Post the error please.
Ooh! Also, this: http://www.ourbenefactors.com/forums/sho...t.lua-quot-.

That describes our problem pretty exactly, and if you open the console, you see those 'unhandled usermessage' thingies? That's the errors that we, or at least I'm getting.

It appears to be related to the recent garrysmod update. -_-

Solution: Try changing your steam language away from English, and that back to English. <-- Didn't work for me, anyhow.

Quote:if you have sv_downloadurl on the server you have to uploade the files in the chach folder(srcds\orangebox\garrysmod\cache) also or else it wont work And you have to do that everytime you add new addons or change any files etc.

Reference: http://forums.srcds.com/viewpost/91516
(08-09-2010, 09:54 AM)Lazers Wrote: Ooh! Also, this: http://www.ourbenefactors.com/forums/sho...t.lua-quot-.

That describes our problem pretty exactly, and if you open the console, you see those 'unhandled usermessage' thingies? That's the errors that we, or at least I'm getting.

It appears to be related to the recent garrysmod update. -_-

Solution: Try changing your steam language away from English, and that back to English.

yesyes!! this thing happened to me, Heinze and Burnt toast before. we had to change the Steam-language from Norwegian to English. i asked Heinze if i could change back, but he said no, then it goes back to the bug. so i think you guys have to use a different language than english xP that's a little owned xD i think that should do it Angel