Transferring Data to New GMod Folder & How to Mount Games
1. GMod Content
Well, I've seen recently that a few people are having issues with the new GMod configuration update.

GMod is now in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\

instead of

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\garrysmod

All you need to do, is go into the old garrysmod folder (the one just above this sentence) and copy over whatever maps etc. you want to keep, into the new GarrysMod folder in the 'common' folder.
Pretty simple, but if you have a lot of stuff to move it can take a while.

2. How to Mount games in Garry's Mod
The maps all need Counter Strike Source and Half-Life 2 to run. v2p needs HL2 episode 1 and 2 as well.
To stop the purple and black squares in the maps, go to the GMOD MENU SCREEN. Not while in-game, at the start menu screen. Go to the bottom right corner of the screen. Look for the little console controller icon. Click on that. You will be presented with a list of games that GMod supports. The greyed out and crossed out ones are games that you haven't installed. Check that the Half-Life games and Counter Strike Source are not crossed. If not, tick Half life 2, Episode 1 and Episode 2, and Counter Strike on it.
Restart GMod, load up the server and the errors should be gone!

If you were helped by this guide, another way to tell me I'm doing a good thing is by adding Reputation. It feels great to know that.
If you want any guides added for things like these, drop a post below.
I hope this cleared some things up for people, if not, feel free to leave a post down below and I (or anyone viewing this) will be glad to help you.

Thankyou.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
Hehe, good i never had to look into this (my gmod did automatic move them)
But great help for other people Smile
EDIT:
Added a guide on how to Mount games in GMod. Useful for people who are getting the purple and black squares in the maps.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer

+Rep
This didn't work for me, I copied everything from the old directory and pasted it to the new directory into the respected folder. Still whenever I try to join a server it proceeds to download all the models again
(06-22-2013, 08:58 PM)zedzdead Wrote: This didn't work for me, I copied everything from the old directory and pasted it to the new directory into the respected folder. Still whenever I try to join a server it proceeds to download all the models again
Have you tried it after restarting steam?

Sincerely,
ArcHammer

+Rep