A guide to being president
Hello everyone,
I recently connected to the server after the DDoS attacks were finished (thank the heavens) and saw the president spot open (for once haha). I wanted to take it but I though I better not, I don't know enough about being a president to take it (sadly). I know you have the tax command (eg. /tax 5), and have to broadcast all the custom laws every few minutes. But that's all I know. I know you have to warrant players (but I'm not sure of the command, if you add it please give an example, as I found when I tried "eg. /warrant Blade arrest" didn't work (do you have to type in their steam names? Or player names?) and also whats the command for demoting people? I'm not even sure if thats everything you need to know.. Sorry to bother everyone but it'd be great if you added a post with a list of everything you need to do know, thanks Cheese
/warrant <steamname/player ID> arrest/search
/demote <steamname>
You can also RP that you're investing the tax money in the city for example making a school or a green energy facility.
"We all do dumb things, that's what makes us human.”

- Hossan Ramzy
Use the commands Termin has provided.

- Broadcast your laws every 5-15 minutes (the more often the better, within the time). Make sure they are realistic and not in collision with permanent laws or the rules

- Warrant players only when the police provide a legitimate reason, which is in conflict with the permanent laws or your laws.

- Control the government. Do not allow the SS to wander around or the police force to camp in the Nexus. Use the /demote command to deal with people who do not follow your command (or those of he Police Commander or HSS)

- Set taxes which are reflecting your view of the city. A lot of crime? Up the taxes to provide resources to fight it. Crime is low and everyone happy? Reward the citizens with low taxes. Do not set the tax to $30 just because you can.

- Do not ban certain groups of people or other things without a valid RP reason. Banning Corleones or Rebels, unless they've caused the city and it's citizens harm, is considered FailRP

- Be a creative ruler! Make your own RP of interaction with the players. Host press conferences, events or anything else that comes to your mind.

- In case you're not sure about something, double-check the rules or contact a staff member. Better safe than sorry.
(05-14-2013, 04:28 PM)Termin Wrote: /warrant <steamname/player ID> arrest/search
/demote <steamname>
thanks for the answer but do the officers tell you their steam name or do you have to find out? if so, how? And is there a way to tell who's a police officer and who's an SS? And how do you know the player ID/find out the player ID? Sorry for all the questions, I'm still pretty new Huh
(05-14-2013, 04:58 PM)Stealther Wrote:
(05-14-2013, 04:28 PM)Termin Wrote: /warrant <steamname/player ID> arrest/search
/demote <steamname>
thanks for the answer but do the officers tell you their steam name or do you have to find out? if so, how? And is there a way to tell who's a police officer and who's an SS? And how do you know the player ID/find out the player ID? Sorry for all the questions, I'm still pretty new Huh

Government members such as Police and SS members will contact you through the radio channel (/radio) which is shared only between government members.

When they request for a warrant it will say something along the lines of 'Mr. President, could you please warrant <steam name> for an arrest for <reason>'.

Don't worry about asking questions, it's much better that you do that and you know how to roleplay your job Smile