Abusing /me
Well, I am curious about this:

If a player does '/me pulls gun away from enemy and punches him in the face', is that against the rules? Does it fall under breaking fearrp? I originally thought I saw something about it under powergaming, but I cannot find the thread. For example, I saw someone type '/me kicks enemy off bridge', which means that if they do not jump off the bridge, it is failrp. But if they jump, they will die.

I don't get it. Sad

So I ask, is it against the rules?
[Image: Astro%20Signature.png]
Made by DigDug
I have 5 RP point(s)
That's powergaming. Which is against the rules

Powergaming is basically taking power of your enemy, as you said /me pulls gun away from enemy and punches him is a good example, the enemy can't do anything against it which is unfair.
You could with the approval and cooperation of the other guy do it for good role play
But in general the other guy won't accept it
And will complain using some rules
Some situations are just pure powergaming.
I didn't think that /me's had to be followed. (i.e **Jon Snow stabs the man in the jugular**) Of course that would be powergaming, but since it's 'Semi-Serious' I was 99% sure that you didn't have to abide by it, of course there's nothing wrong with doing emote wars, as long as it's fair. Thereby I mean you either agree to something in .// or you do **Jon Snow tries/attempts to stab the man in the jugular**. And you respond with something realistic, this would be judged by how skilled your character is in...say martial arts. If you're a middle-aged unemployed man with no training in combat whatsoever it would be unrealistic to pull off some sweet moves in /me. So I'd say just use common sense if you want to go with it.

Although I've heard that some /me's you must obey, now I'm talking about having a police officer hostaged and you do **Jon Snow rips off the man's radio, drops it on the ground and stomps on it.** and then the officer should not do /radio 'I'm hostaged at (said location), help!'.
Me and some guys once visited the pres upstairs, and a SS forced us to jump off the walkway upstairs.

He used the /me command to push us, we then complained saying, it was agaisnt the rules, he did said, "It's failrp if you don't jump".

We where confused, and didn't know what to do..