EA recieves exclusive starwars videogame rights (Possible SWBF3?)
Battlefront 3
So heres the deal, EA has exclusively recieved rights to produce Starwars games,
What could this mean for our beloved and anticipated Star Wars: Battlefront 3?

In a blog post on EA's official site, Gibeau confirmed that the new projects will be powered by "the Frostbite 3 development engine – guaranteeing incredible graphic fidelity, environments and characters

Imagine Battlefront 3 in a frostbite 3 engine?

[Image: Star-Wars-Battlefront-3-Logo.jpg]

If you never heard the story about Battlefront 3 here you go.

On September 29, 2006, Computer and Video Games made an unconfirmed claim that Free Radical Design was developing the game.[1][2] In June 2008, Kotaku allegedly received information from a former LucasArts employee that Star Wars: Battlefront III was in the creation process.[3] On October 2, Activision Blizzard filed a classification with the Australian Office of Film and Literature Classification listing Star Wars: Battlefront III for the Nintendo DS with a PG rating (E10+ equivalent) for mild animated violence.[4] However, that same month, Free Radical Design announced that they lost the rights to develop Star Wars: Battlefront III; the game at that point had been in development for two years.[5] Several years later, Free Radical Design co-founder Steve Ellis said Battlefront III was "pretty much done" in 2008, but that it was effectively canned when LucasArts could not commit to "spend big" on marketing it.[6] However, GameSpot quoted an unnamed LucasArts employee involved with the project who said Free Radical could not devote sufficient resources to the game and regularly missed deadlines.[7] A former Free Radical Design employee said some of the technology Free Radical developed for the game, specifically the contiguous game environment from planet surface into space, "is dying with us"

Well im pretty excited, post what you think. Cheese

Secret Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCNkpG5rVl4
Well from what i've heard, this gameplay is not from Battlefront 3, its actually from a Starwars unreleased fps known as Star Wars: First Strike, however 'legend' has it that if lucasarts had gotten good sales with this they would have seen that the market wanted more Starwars based shooters and released Swbf3

However this is footage from the canceled pre-alpha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Gotta go party
Cheese you know it *takes out star wars themed mug and sips from it*
dig

I would love to see BattlefrontIII. I loved playing Battlefront 1 and 2 on the PS2. Still epic games, in my opinion.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • dig
Btw, it will be the second BF3 by EA.
Aviator i completely agree, they were geat games, and i hope that EA pulls through on this if they do make a BF3, also i see what you did there victorinix.
dig

For fucks sake.....*sighs* EA, make a good job of this and all your sins will be forgiven.
Amen to that, preferable news would have been "Pandemic Studios revived and is now working on battlefield 3...Also halflife 3 has been confirmed!"
dig

If EA is gonna make their typical crap out of it, I will start petition to close these @$$holes
Pleeeeeeeeease create a good Star Wars: Battlefront III! *crosses fingers*