Admins are too ban happy.
I have noticed that most if not ALL admins/mods are ban happy.

Every other day this week I have been banned for 24 hours regarding rules I see people break on a regular basis when there are admins on. Instead of insta-banning for 5487623980237 hours how about simply asking the person to fix whatever rule they are breaking.

All the "rules" I was "breaking" could have been easily solved by asking me to remove or fix something, but instead admins just insta-ban be without saying a single word. The offense was mostly a matter of removing one or two props. If I was massive RDMing I could see a ban, but simply having one door too close to another? a 24 hour ban? that seems to ridiculous.

Whenever an admin's "friend" is on, they are doing whatever, later when I do the same thing they are I get in trouble when only one person gets all butt hurt about it.

Spartanjunior31 does a great job of this, he pulls or goes to a person before taking any administrative action, but the other admins who have "friends" that specifically are looking for rules that people break to instigate issues and get people banned.

I would have footage and recordings of proof to back my stories up, but I am unable to get them because I am banned without warning when the admin is pretty much standing 10 feet away from me.

My question/suggestion is: How about giving people a warning instead of insta-banning. them for minor offenses. And after the warning for that minor offense, kick them instead of just straight off banning them.
The following 1 user Likes JackHarkness's post:
  • Joey Skylynx
At the risk of sounding like a kiss ass, a lot of the admins do actually pull aside people and speak with them to fix rules prior to banning them, why do you not know of this?

Cause it doesn't go in the logs, there are a lot of rule breakers on the servers each and everyday, sure a lot of people get banned and some of these will be without a conversation with the banning administrator.

Admins are trying to do their best at not going off insta-banning but sometimes rules being broken are just too serious and must receive a ban whether they would rectify their mistakes or not.
The rules is your responsibility to read and respect.
If you breaking any of these rules you will be banned that's it.

Admins do a great job, and they try everyday to remove all these crazy minges and try to make FL to a better place to RP.

If you never break any of FL's rules, you will never be banned.
I have to admit, a lot of the time, a admin comes

tells me I am breaking the rules, asks me to fix it, and when I do fix it, he usually bans me.
[Image: Astro%20Signature.png]
Made by DigDug
I have 5 RP point(s)
Of coarse they would only warn people who have played on the server much longer, like you guys, than anybody else even more so to donators... It should be that you guys know the rules more than us "new-er players" so you guys should be getting insta-banned instead of insta-ban without even saying one word.
Press F1 and under the rule section, and use 1 hour to read the rules 100% and then beginning playing?
It has nothing to do with hours. People with many hours will still be banned I think, so that's not the truth.
It's simple. Read and know the rules and you will not be banned also play passive, less chance to get banned. People need to stop crying about the admins that are 'ban-happy' it's in your own hands to get banned or not.
(04-26-2013, 02:15 AM)JackHarkness Wrote: My question/suggestion is: How about giving people a warning instead of insta-banning. them for minor offenses. And after the warning for that minor offense, kick them instead of just straight off banning them.

How about you simply read and follow our rules?
It's not too hard, they require basic English to be understood and we have several languages now, so no excuses there.

Also, hours do matter. If a player has 300h hours and breaks a rule, it's damn likely that it's completely intentional and deserves a harsher punishment. He had ( our hypothetical subject) 300 hours to read and follow the rules, yet he failed.

Also, donators don't get special treatment, why should they? If you've read our ToS, you would've seen this:

5.0 Donations

5.4. Suspended access. If you are suspended from accessing our services, either permanently or temporarily as a disciplinary action, we will not issue a refund for any donations, nor will provide compensation for loss of access. We will not delay issuing suspensions to suit your requirements.
(04-26-2013, 02:15 AM)JackHarkness Wrote: I have noticed that most if not ALL admins/mods are ban happy.

Why? Because you experienced one event that was a result of you breaking the rules?

I'm not going to lie, administration here (Along with anything, gamemode etc.) is not perfect. It never will be. But I can tell you that what you get a Fearless is a darn sight of an improvement over a ton of other roleplay or other gamemode servers I have played on that suffer from either 0 administration all the time or donor admins that enforce 'rules' when it suits them and tend to ban whomever they dislike.

We have been given the freedom to administrate in a style that suits us. If that means we give warnings where we see fit then fine, but it also may mean we issue a suspension without seeing a warning as necessary.

So please, before you go and accuse ALL admins of being power crazed ban-happy overlords, take some time to think.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Termin
Quote:Also, hours do matter. If a player has 300h hours and breaks a rule, it's damn likely that it's completely intentional and deserves a harsher punishment. He had ( our hypothetical subject) 300 hours to read and follow the rules, yet he failed.

Yet most admins/mods eather look past the player, or just give him a simple verbal warning, each 3 times I have been punished it was so called "unintentional" yet even tho the admin was standing close by, without even typing "can you remove this" he would rather ban a player than ask them to fix the issue. I thought admininstrators were supost to admininstrate the server, not administer punishment whenever he sees a simple thing out of line with his view of the rules.

Quote:Also, donators don't get special treatment, why should they? If you've read our ToS, you would've seen this:

5.0 Donations

5.4. Suspended access. If you are suspended from accessing our services, either permanently or temporarily as a disciplinary action, we will not issue a refund for any donations, nor will provide compensation for loss of access. We will not delay issuing suspensions to suit your requirements.

Yet if admins were to catch every rule broken, and ban each player that did it, the server would have no donators and the server would then have no players. I guarantee you that each player at some point in their playtime on the server has broken one rule or another. But way do some get different punishments than others for the same thing.

Spartanjunior31 I have seen give equal treatment to all players [FL:RP] or not. However others I have seen turn a blind eye to people with more hours and [FL:RP] tags on. As long as the action does not involve RDM, CDM, Random Raid, or prop abuse, most [FL] or [M] don't really care.