evocity on mac crashes just before sending client info
(04-13-2013, 01:40 AM)VallyTeacake Wrote: Unless you intend on providing any actual useful information, rather than being a rude prat to anyone that uses a different OS to you, please kindly piss off.

You're right. We should provide useful info.

For example: Do not buy a Mac

Useful information provided.

You're welcome.

The following 2 users Like buffalobagingi's post:
  • Astroo, Verenikin
I think the way people spend their money is up to them. I have both a Mac and a desktop with windows and I still play Garry's mod on my Mac with ease. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. I had this same problem when I first started playing the server but I found that honestly reinstalling Garry's mod and counter-strike and making sure all the other necessary files(spawnlists, map, etc) is all redone that it will fix itself. It seems quite a pain but it worked for me and hasn't crashed like that in over a month.

Try that, if you aren't already too frustrated, and make sure that all your older files from the server are deleted before you redownload everything again.
(04-13-2013, 07:29 AM)BigPapaJett Wrote: I think the way people spend their money is up to them. I have both a Mac and a desktop with windows and I still play Garry's mod on my Mac with ease. Nothing wrong with it whatsoever. I had this same problem when I first started playing the server but I found that honestly reinstalling Garry's mod and counter-strike and making sure all the other necessary files(spawnlists, map, etc) is all redone that it will fix itself. It seems quite a pain but it worked for me and hasn't crashed like that in over a month.

Try that, if you aren't already too frustrated, and make sure that all your older files from the server are deleted before you redownload everything again.

ok reinstalling now i will tell u what happens once it has done
I used to have a mac, I no longer do but when I had one I had the similar problem and the same error message. There were no videos on youtube so I kinda had to just figure it out on my own.
1. Clear cache
If that doesn't work proceed
2.Delete local game content and also go into your steam apps folder and delete the garrysmod folder. (Just doing local game content still keeps the folders and one of them might be corrupted)
3. Reset your computer, I did this to my old one and it worked fine. Don't skip to this step because one of the others might work.

Hope this helps Cheese
(04-13-2013, 02:36 PM)Chicken :D Wrote: I used to have a mac, I no longer do but when I had one I had the similar problem and the same error message. There were no videos on youtube so I kinda had to just figure it out on my own.
1. Clear cache
2.Delete local game content and also go into your steam apps folder and delete the garrysmod folder. (Just doing local game content still keeps the folders and one of them might be corrupted)
3. Reset your computer, I did this to my old one and it worked fine. Don't skip to this step because one of the others might work.

Hope this helps Cheese

ok i have reinstalled it like 4 times now. i will try what Chicken Cheese said
(04-13-2013, 03:29 PM)bobyxj7 Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 02:36 PM)Chicken :D Wrote: I used to have a mac, I no longer do but when I had one I had the similar problem and the same error message. There were no videos on youtube so I kinda had to just figure it out on my own.
1. Clear cache

Hope this helps Cheese

ok i have reinstalled it like 4 times now. i will try what Chicken Cheese said

done what Chicken said but sill no look Sad

EDIT:right i have got it working i just made the graphics settings as low as they will go. but i have the low graphics lol, it will have to do tho