Stolen car status
Title of Suggestion:
Stolen car status.

Description:
My idea is when your car is stolen/missing you can give it a "stolen" status. This would work by using a command, when this command is used under your name when you look and the car will be in text "Stolen car" or something like that. This would then make it possible for police to find and return stolen cars.

Why:
I'm not quite sure if this is possible or perhaps an idea that other people would like, but used correctly i think this could be a good edition because it can be very useful and could inspire some good police RP.
Name change from: EvoluTion

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:42960010&b=2]
Without me you would be a monkey! #Luv-Corie
So you are saying if a cop goes up to a car and sees that it is "stolen", that is apparently "good police rp?"

Sorry but there would be so much fail and metagaming from this.

-Support
(04-08-2013, 01:49 AM)Nevinator Wrote: So you are saying if a cop goes up to a car and sees that it is "stolen", that is apparently "good police rp?"

Sorry but there would be so much fail and metagaming from this.

-Support
You say that yet it could also send a request to the Nexus saying "My Car *Insert Currently spawned car here* Has been Stolen by an Unknown Criminal." and then Police officers can see if a car has been stolen because in Britain they have Cameras that Identify Stolen Vehicles from the Database and then it tells the officers they need to pull a car over and check things out. Its not Bad RP because it happens in real life they could easily Identify a Stolen Car and move it if people dont RP and get them re-claimed from the Nexus/Safe area then its their Lack of RP also Can I ask how its metagaming? Because it happens in real life and only being able to ID a car from up close is how Gmod Handicaps abit of Realism you could have with the Cameras in Cars Beeping whenever a Stolen Car goes infront of them
Also Storm's mom is a hottie and Andreas and King Guami do her all day every day. -In memory of the biggest Troll Thread in FL history
All you do is just report it as stolen in a request and hope for the best. Or if there was an illegitimate reason for it to be stolen, you contact an admin.
Regards,
aviator
(04-08-2013, 08:21 AM)Aviator Wrote: All you do is just report it as stolen in a request and hope for the best. Or if there was an illegitimate reason for it to be stolen, you contact an admin.

Its the fact the police officers very rarely keep an eye out I was on the HL2:EP2 Maps both of them and on V2p I was sat around for about Half an Hour on Stupidly low Blood because Rebels had Tried to Murder everyone in the street for no apparent Reason and as a Wounded Officer I was sat Bleeding out in a corner after Crawling away from the gunshots I had to wait till I was about 02 Hunger to get anyone come as a Paramedic when the were 4 or 5 officers who could have easily Helped me walk towards the Hospital and during all of that I saw "Look out for Stolen Cars". None of which were Requested in it was all Stolen Cop Cars they cared about despite the fact usually its because the Cop drove and didnt watch his Hunger as he Started Leaking blood. In the end because I never saw the Stolen Car Descriptions I could Never Report them in nor did I get a name now if the was that Extra bit of Lettering I could have RP'ed retrieving the car
Also Storm's mom is a hottie and Andreas and King Guami do her all day every day. -In memory of the biggest Troll Thread in FL history
-Support

I really don't find this will be a good feature.

Perhaps a better solution, would be when a player's car has been stolen, in the top Left Corner, it could display a message saying that there car is currently stolen. Atleast this will alert the player that there car has been stolen, so they know for sure it has actually been stolen, rather than just hidden.
+Support

Stops people blaming you for CDM when it was actually the car thief.
you just report the police that your car stolen and it is like "Blabla" Color and its bmw and like that you know

NO NED FOR DIS SHIT FK YO

_ - S U P P O R T- ! - S U P P O R T- _

Okay im just boing to write a short reply to you all.
Nevinator i didnt say it was good rp i said it could inspire some good rp. T
he metagaming i can understand at the time this was the biggest issue i could think of with this.
Dylanco1 I agree but this is only i semi serious server theres no need to make it very realistic.
Aviator this idea is for when the car is stolen for a legitimate reason, and i know but i have had cars stolen before and not got them back for over an hour and no police even tried to find it after sending multiple requests so police rarely try in my opinion.
Commander Fi5h Doing that kind of would be metagaming say if your in the nexus and your car is stolen from outside and you dint see it getting stolen how are you supposed to know a message popping up telling you it is stolen would be meta in my opinion and wouldnt help.
tyler2606 Admins can see who is driving a car in the logs so that is not an issue.
Red Orchestra After making a suggesion even after saying i wasn't sure if it was good you tell me it's S**t and say F**k you. I dont see what i did to deserve that.
Name change from: EvoluTion

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:42960010&b=2]
Without me you would be a monkey! #Luv-Corie
- Support

Reasons stated above.
"We all do dumb things, that's what makes us human.”

- Hossan Ramzy