Poll: Position on Gay Marriage (anon)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
FOR homosexual marriage
71.07%
86 71.07%
AGAINST homosexual marriage
21.49%
26 21.49%
undecided
7.44%
9 7.44%
Total 121 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

#1- Gay Marriage y/n?
I said on the start too that i'm religious, a catholic btw, so there's no way that i will support gays, i would be a hypocrite.
(06-11-2013, 03:00 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote: And what about religious people? Are you BORN religious, no. It's upbringing.

Are you honestly trying to compare outlooks on life and belief to something as biological and natural as one's sexual attraction?
(06-11-2013, 03:23 PM)Adman Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 03:00 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote: And what about religious people? Are you BORN religious, no. It's upbringing.

Are you honestly trying to compare outlooks on life and belief to something as biological and natural as one's sexual attraction?

It was a bad example. I'll say it differently. Is it a paedophile's choice to be attracted to young children or is he born with it? Or is it his upbringing?
(06-11-2013, 03:53 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote:

It was a bad example. I'll say it differently. Is it a paedophile's choice to be attracted to young children or is he born with it? Or is it his upbringing?

Honestly I couldn't say; truthfully, I don't see it as being relevant in the slightest. Before we continue, are you insinuating that allowing same-sex marriage would open the door to paedophilia?
(06-11-2013, 05:36 PM)Adman Wrote:
(06-11-2013, 03:53 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote:

Honestly I couldn't say; truthfully, I don't see it as being relevant in the slightest. Before we continue, are you insinuating that allowing same-sex marriage would open the door to paedophilia?

Not at all, this is about choosing to be gay.
Actually, I think I've had a sudden realisation and a change of attitude. I've pretty much realised the whole "meaning of life", there is none. No matter what you do, or what you achieve, anything that ever made you you, all your features and traits will be forgotten. Anybody who ever knew you or will know you will die, and you will eventually rot in the ground, degrade into dust, nobody will know who you are or were. It doesn't matter what happens, it's the same for everybody, so I don't care what happens with gay marriage either. What is, is.
(06-11-2013, 09:49 PM)Burrito Warrior Wrote: Actually, I think I've had a sudden realisation and a change of attitude. I've pretty much realised the whole "meaning of life", there is none. No matter what you do, or what you achieve, anything that ever made you you, all your features and traits will be forgotten. Anybody who ever knew you or will know you will die, and you will eventually rot in the ground, degrade into dust, nobody will know who you are or were. It doesn't matter what happens, it's the same for everybody, so I don't care what happens with gay marriage either. What is, is.

Having one of those days eh? Existential crisis are a bummer, I'll give you that.
If it is what it is, as you said, then its not that bad. I mean, you're here and you've got internet- that by itself is lucky; Just because there is no definite goal it doesn't mean there are no goals at all. I think making your own goals and always having improvement on your mind is a pretty good thing on its own. Even if "everyone you know will eventually die", at least you can take this time you have of life and use it to improve not only your own conditions of life, but everyone else's.
Whether it be your decisions, your actions, your creations or your offspring, and even if your name isn't plastered all over it, it will effect the world. And you know what? even if it doesn't affect the world it might just improve the life of a single person, and that's already good enough for me (sure as hell is way more than most people do nowadays).

Its not just what you're willing to die for, but also what you're willing to live for that matters.

Also +support on gay rights.
I say that if that is what makes them happy than so be it. I am for gay marriage but the only thing I don't like about it is because it won't be accepted due to the common belief that it's wrong. I'm not saying that I'm gay (which I'm not), but with the American phrase: "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" I believe that gay marriage should be legalised. It's not about beliefs, what's right or what isn't, or our fate as humanity; it's about being happy and doing what we want as human beings. Just because it's abnormal or different, doesn't mean it's wrong. Just because you believe otherwise, doesn't mean you should bring down the people that don't see the same. If someone is going to be happy this way, that doesn't mean others should intervene with them if they're not doing any harm to others.

Thank you for taking my opinion into consideration.
I say no. "Gay marriage" is something I don't see much benefit in. Now I studied various different religions, and to be quite honest as I understand them, I cannot see a benefits of "gay marriage".

1) Growing up with 2 male farther's or 2 female mother's is quite difficult, either both dads with apply too much harshness, as a natural male trait is punishment and hard work, you would not have a soft mother to calm you down, or generally oppose ideas created by your farther.

2) For the child it will be not beneficial, because most of the society will see him/her as an outcast for having a gay family, I am afraid to much of the society still doesn't except this and this child will receive bullying.

3)As I mentioned our society is adjusted to non gay marriage, it will be difficult to adapt it, and certainly violence will be created to the society around us.

With this it is just some of my thoughts, I will respect if you disagree, however it's what I think, and our world does have quite hard time adjusting to the concept of this, so therefore I do not believe it's beneficial.

P.S I also have read the previous responses and they do indeed appear to be off topic, we are not discussing if you "like" gay marriage or why you think it's wrong we are discussing "Is homosexual marriage beneficial for society and the nation as a whole?" please do try to maintain this topic.
(06-18-2013, 09:05 AM)CodeDenzy Wrote: -snip-

We did sort of amend the discussion and change the topic because everyone was ignoring the 'beneficial' point anyway.

(04-01-2013, 10:24 AM)Adman Wrote:
(04-01-2013, 06:13 AM)Toxic Sn0w Wrote: Hell no, last thing I want is to hear moaning sounds from two men in apartments when I grow up.

Whether they're married or not, that is going to happen.

>.>

Also, I suggest amending the rest of the discussion to whether you would allow gay marriage or not, irrespective of whether it is beneficial to society or not. This is a more interesting discussion and lets face it, that is all everyone has been discussing anyhow.

I think from this point on it became a full blown 'Do you agree that gay marriage should be legalised/allowed' sort of discussion.