Poll: Position on Gay Marriage (anon)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
FOR homosexual marriage
71.07%
86 71.07%
AGAINST homosexual marriage
21.49%
26 21.49%
undecided
7.44%
9 7.44%
Total 121 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

#1- Gay Marriage y/n?
Making a thread about gay marriage? Last time i started this i almost got banned from the forums since honest answers go with punishment.

All i can say is no way to gay marriage.
(04-01-2013, 01:57 AM)Nevinator Wrote: Making a thread about gay marriage? Last time i started this i almost got banned from the forums since honest answers go with punishment.

Maybe if you supported your opinion with some sort of rational/logical/scientific material based argument you wouldn't have any kind of trouble. What you did now (posting an absolutist standpoint w/out anything else) is even worse than going on a tangent and regurgitating 50 paragraphs of bullshit.
[Image: B6nW6le.png]

Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
Admin removed, beflok closed. - rowan

I trade Tea for rep.
The following 3 users Like Rowan13's post:
  • Karakuts, buffalobagingi, Salinsky
(04-01-2013, 02:05 AM)mr_rowan13 Wrote:
(04-01-2013, 01:57 AM)Nevinator Wrote: Making a thread about gay marriage? Last time i started this i almost got banned from the forums since honest answers go with punishment.

Maybe if you supported your opinion with some sort of rational/logical/scientific material based argument you wouldn't have any kind of trouble. What you did now (posting an absolutist standpoint w/out anything else) is even worse than going on a tangent and regurgitating 50 paragraphs of bullshit.

You yourself lack some sort of rational/logical/scientific material based argument that explains why it is even worse than going on a tangent and regurgitating 50 paragraphs.

Not everything needs to be explained, and on such a touchy subject you can possibly hurt someones feelings. I have my reasons that i do not need to describe, though i enjoyed reading your response which was quite silly.
Yknow, I think if thats what they want, that's their choice what they do and people shouldn't so homophobic about other peoples decisions
[Image: Astro%20Signature.png]
Made by DigDug
I have 5 RP point(s)
Hell no, last thing I want is to hear moaning sounds from two men in apartments when I grow up.
The following 1 user Likes Reefanis's post:
  • Nevy
(04-01-2013, 06:13 AM)Toxic Sn0w Wrote: Hell no, last thing I want is to hear moaning sounds from two men in apartments when I grow up.

Whether they're married or not, that is going to happen.

>.>

Also, I suggest amending the rest of the discussion to whether you would allow gay marriage or not, irrespective of whether it is beneficial to society or not. This is a more interesting discussion and lets face it, that is all everyone has been discussing anyhow.
The following 4 users Like Adman's post:
  • Rowan13, GRiiM, Salinsky, LowerFlowerPower
(04-01-2013, 04:27 AM)Nevinator Wrote: You yourself lack some sort of rational/logical/scientific material based argument that explains why it is even worse than going on a tangent and regurgitating 50 paragraphs.

Not everything needs to be explained, and on such a touchy subject you can possibly hurt someones feelings. I have my reasons that i do not need to describe, though i enjoyed reading your response which was quite silly.

I don't get it, once again, it would be really nice for you to show me some evidence.
What exactly is wrong with my arguments? In 3 (or 4) specific posts in this thread I have delivered some sort of rational/logical/scientific backup to my view (and fortunately quite a few other people have as well).

That right there are is 4 lines of "how to use ketchup" instructions- useless.
Please provide the quotes in which you see a problem in, so I can repair/explain/re-write in order to complete the idea I'm trying to convey.

(04-01-2013, 10:24 AM)Adman Wrote: Also, I suggest amending the rest of the discussion to whether you would allow gay marriage or not, irrespective of whether it is beneficial to society or not. This is a more interesting discussion and lets face it, that is all everyone has been discussing anyhow.

I trade Tea for rep.
I personally think marriage is absolute crap, and violates the pre-tense that church is separated from state.

Then again I'm one for controversial opinions so.... Lets give my overall view of the issue. As of the moment people are baww'ing because MAH RELIGION SAID SO, and not showing any logic or reason for why homosexuals should not be allowed to marry or establish a family. I'd like to bring to the table that in the United States, a group which is married pays different taxes from a group that's unmarried, and if you have children within this grouping, you are being taxed more for not being married.
This is absolute horse-shit, and the fact that Same-Marriage couples(and Straight) are forced into a pen regarding marriage is absolutely ludicrous. I would also like to point my sword at people saying they shouldn't be allowed to adopt, and that supposedly, "They are not good for a child!" explain your reasoning/logic. I demand a study, not your religious bias. If a study were to go, "Well they fail in school" maybe that's because as of the moment we've got a bunch of half-brained idiots running around torturing people in school-yards and the only logical way of getting around this is to basically quit school or to kill one of them.

Also, yes. I do have a naturally aligned bias in this argument... I grew up agnostic(Roman Catholic surrounding though), but for the most part of my life I grew up around homosexuals, and for a small period a few months ago I was asked by a very good friend of mine if I'd donate sperm for her and her girlfriend to have a child. I'd be hard-bitten to say no if I had the ability to put in anonymous donations for the child's upbringing.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Joey Skylynx's post:
  • Rowan13
The problem is, with a discussion like this, once you manage to completely remove the fact that whether a same-sex couple is legal or not has almost absolutely no impact on an individuals life, there is no valid reasoning for preventing it. Thus, the discussion will always come to the point of: "My religion says they should be burned, because we are right and you are wrong" as that is the nature of most religions, they do not go hand-in-hand with logic.
(04-01-2013, 09:16 PM)Joey Skylynx Wrote: I personally think marriage is absolute crap, and violates the pre-tense that church is separated from state.

Amazing how you're only the 2nd person I know to bring that up at all (first one here on the thread even). This whole marriage thing kind of screws around with the founding principles of the American "democratic republic", I can agree with that.

What I can't agree with is which one of these is actually the problem. One of the principles that needs to be readjusted? (probably not the implications of such adjustment would destroy that so loved democracy -gags-). Maybe in order to make both fit, the entire state's economic would have to be tweaked quite a bit- And I say this because... it doesn't really sound like you think the privileges administered by the state should simply disappear (I hope not lol).
Idk, widden up a lil' about this point of view so I can understand it better.

I trade Tea for rep.