Poll: Position on Gay Marriage (anon)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
FOR homosexual marriage
71.07%
86 71.07%
AGAINST homosexual marriage
21.49%
26 21.49%
undecided
7.44%
9 7.44%
Total 121 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

#1- Gay Marriage y/n?
Personally, I don't mind. I have nothing against people being homosexual. I am leaning towards 'yes'.
Regards,
aviator
(03-28-2013, 03:07 PM)The Honored Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 02:54 PM)Fiblez Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 02:47 PM)The Honored Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 02:34 PM)Fiblez Wrote:
(03-28-2013, 02:19 PM)The Honored Wrote: ...heh...
Any society needs reproduction. Marriage is an institution, with its goal to better society. Contrary to common belief, people don't just get married if they're in "love". With that being said, heterosexual marriage betters society through pro-creative activity. And homosexual marriage? Well, I'm still waiting fr an answer on that one.

In my opinion tolerance and equal rights for all people is a much more important trait to have in your society than extensive pro-creative activity. We have enough trailer park hicks living off beer and chicken wings, and I like to think that I am not insecure to the point where I have to give a damn whether two people that care about each other are living together as a married couple.

I'm really not sure what you're trying to offer here. Obviously, you support gay marriage, but is it beneficial?

Yes, people being compassionate and accepting their fellow human being as they are is beneficial to society.
Ok, we are ONLY talking about benefits from gay marriage.
So if it would be beneficial to accept people for who they are, by your criteria, people marrying minors and pedophiles shouldn't be attacked in anyway, because that's just who they are, right?
(Btw, can't respond again for a bit)

Technically yes we cant change them by hating them, people different from our self's is a part of life and we must accept that. The thing that I hate about homosexuals being compared to pedophiles in your statement is that a pedophile is an individual that is not born in their state Whereas a Homosexual man or woman has always been that on some level or another. A homosexual going about his/her lifestyle harms no others around him in a severe direct way where as a pedophile doing so ruins the life's of his/her victims and causes them to grow into sexually awkward adults because of the strange encounter they faced as a child. The two arent really comparable.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:39969344&b=7]
Go fourth mighty Euro Truck Simulator warrior, run them down. Unleash your wrath upon the pedestrians. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
(03-31-2013, 09:48 AM)Fiblez Wrote: Technically yes we cant change them by hating them, people different from our self's is a part of life and we must accept that. The thing that I hate about homosexuals being compared to pedophiles in your statement is that a pedophile is an individual that is not born in their state Whereas a Homosexual man or woman has always been that on some level or another. A homosexual going about his/her lifestyle harms no others around him in a severe direct way where as a pedophile doing so ruins the life's of his/her victims and causes them to grow into sexually awkward adults because of the strange encounter they faced as a child. The two arent really comparable.

Eeeehhh I might be going off-topic and entering sexual deviations land, but as far as I know pedophilia is pretty much as "born with" the individual as homosexuality. In fact centers that "rehabilitate" pedos work in a very similar way as the old "homo-fixing facilities" did back in the day.

but

Homosexuals are adults, aware and consenting of their relationship with each other. They can fully understand what is going on, and as adults they are free to take responsibility for their actions and to cope with its outcomes. The comparison between these 2 groups isn't really useful/accurate.

A child is just a victim.
[Image: B6nW6le.png]

Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
Admin removed, beflok closed. - rowan

I trade Tea for rep.
(03-31-2013, 12:25 PM)mr_rowan13 Wrote:
(03-31-2013, 09:48 AM)Fiblez Wrote: Technically yes we cant change them by hating them, people different from our self's is a part of life and we must accept that. The thing that I hate about homosexuals being compared to pedophiles in your statement is that a pedophile is an individual that is not born in their state Whereas a Homosexual man or woman has always been that on some level or another. A homosexual going about his/her lifestyle harms no others around him in a severe direct way where as a pedophile doing so ruins the life's of his/her victims and causes them to grow into sexually awkward adults because of the strange encounter they faced as a child. The two arent really comparable.

-Snipped-

Homosexuals are adults, aware and consenting of their relationship with each other. They can fully understand what is going on, and as adults they are free to take responsibility for their actions and to cope with its outcomes. The comparison between these 2 groups isn't really useful/accurate.

A child is just a victim.

I must agree with Rowan on this one.
The following 1 user Likes Verenikin's post:
  • Rowan13
Actually, studies show there is no biological difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals, so therefore it is still somewhat of a "choice" to be homosexual. We choose the life we want to live, and your environment as a human being completely effects many things. If you were born in an isolated place for 20 years where you learned that being gay is normal, that would probably effect your mind.

I'd also like to let you know I am not even against gay marriage, rather, I don't believe it is beneficial, the wording of the topic was silly in my opinion.
(03-28-2013, 04:04 PM)banditofdoom Wrote: NO! Steven Bucket here, tea time employee and retired ice cream man. I think the fruitcakes of the world should NOT be allowed to marry. They will slowly descend on our territory that is non-fruitcakes! Then, they will want more and more power. First they will want fruitcakes in office, then in congress, THEN IN THE PRESIDENTIAL SEAT! My good people, vote no on fruitcake marriage so we can stop them while they are rising up. Hear me brothers! THIS ALL DEPENDS ON YOU!

Wrong place, wrong time.
This is a extremely heated subject in the US, and truthfully, if I am correct, in the bible, it says all men and women may have happiness. If being with the same gender brings them happiness, then so be it. Also, if you think that it is not contributing to the world, them I believe you are missing the point of adoption rights. It is really mind-blowing that over a third of the people that voted in the poll said no. Now, I am not homosexual, but I am not against it. Why tell a man or woman who and who they cannot marry? That time period passed 500 years ago. It is the 21st century, and things changed.
(03-31-2013, 03:53 PM)The Honored Wrote: Actually, studies show there is no biological difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals, so therefore it is still somewhat of a "choice" to be homosexual. We choose the life we want to live, and your environment as a human being completely effects many things. If you were born in an isolated place for 20 years where you learned that being gay is normal, that would probably effect your mind.

I'd also like to let you know I am not even against gay marriage, rather, I don't believe it is beneficial, the wording of the topic was silly in my opinion. Two of the following pier reviewed journals/paper support their claim on the findings and reported results of neuroscientist Simon LeVay, from '91.

It is very easy to commit the mistake of saying " studies show " w/out actually having something to back it up. Fortunately I on the other hand have a couple of studies that say otherwise.

Quote:Science 30 August 1991:
Vol. 253 no. 5023 pp. 956-957
DOI: 10.1126/science.1887225
Is homosexuality biological?

>>>LINK

Quote:KURT E. ERNULF, SUNE M. INNALA, and FREDERICK L. WHITAM (1989) BIOLOGICAL EXPLANATION, PSYCHOLOGICAL EXPLANATION AND TOLERANCE OF HOMOSEXUALS: A CROSS-NATIONAL ANALYSIS OF BELIEFS AND ATTITUDES. Psychological Reports: Volume 65, Issue , pp. 1003-1010.

Quote:Psychological Perspectives on Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Experiences
edited by Linda D. Garnets, Douglas C. Kimmel
Columbia University Press

>>>LINK

Sooooo "homosexuality is a choice" seems to be a pretty clearn "no-no".

I trade Tea for rep.
I don't know whats happening to this thread but I say sure. Yes let gay people be married.
[Image: 9lQ10sX.png]
updated 1/24/2020
(04-01-2013, 12:27 AM)mr_rowan13 Wrote: It is very easy to commit the mistake of saying " studies show " w/out actually having something to back it up. Fortunately I on the other hand have a couple of studies that say otherwise.
Right, I am glad that you are able to commit to the fact that since you are able to find three studies on it, your side is automatically right, and my side automatically has no evidence whatsoever. When did I even SAY that my side is completely right? I never said it is CONFIRMED that there is no biological link, I just said that SOME studies show that they don't, meaning that it isn't 100% confirmed [yet] If you want a few things that I found regarding it:
http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/...04,00.html
[Look at the quotations, as it does cite things]: http://www.narth.com/docs/deemphasizes.html
http://io9.com/5967426/scientists-confir...n-the-womb

Quote:Sooooo "homosexuality is a choice" seems to be a pretty clearn "no-no".
I don't think your studies entitle you to believe that something is a fact when it is clearly still in progress, this isn't just a fact-vs-wrong thing at this point in time, and it is something that has been going on for a good amount of time. That is why I am not saying i am 100% sure of something that you can't be of, yet, and I am not claiming that since I pasted 3 sources, I am right.

Also, your first source: "It MAY be yes"
Additionally, I don't believe your third source even backs up your claim.
Either way, I don't think it should be said at this point in time whether or not you [or me] are completely right
(04-01-2013, 01:32 AM)The Honored Wrote: I don't think your studies entitle you to believe that something is a fact when it is clearly still in progress, this isn't just a fact-vs-wrong thing, it is something that has been going on for a good amount of time. That is why I am not saying i am 100% sure of something that you can't be of, yet, and I am not claiming that since I pasted 3 sources, I am right.

Also, your first source: "It MAY be yes"
Additionally, I don't believe your third source even backs up your claim.
Either way, I don't think it should be said at this point in time whether or not you are completely right

It literally took me 5 minutes to find 3 papers (the third more regarding the initial thread's topic). I can affirm with all certainty that given the effort I could bring more scientific studies to support it, which in comparison with the amount of papers that point towards the "being a choice" argument, would make this discussion look like a given.

Science is always correcting itself, through testing and confirming proposed theories over time we get closer to the "truth".

I trade Tea for rep.
The following 1 user Likes Rowan13's post:
  • edgie