Denied ban request
Player name: Denied

SteamID (if possible): STEAM_0:0:39021322

Time in GMT: 25 Apr 2011 @ 5:20pm (GMT+1)

Summary:

I come to server, go to UM spawn adv.dupe of my base here, I fixed gate, all it take to me about 20 minutes. Then some guys come and ask me I know where are rebels, I said no, They said "Can we look?". I opened gate they look at base but no rebel was inside so they left. I went away to go fish. After 5 minutes of fishing I get message from Denied: "We are raiding you, Get on floor!" I asked:" I didn´t see anybody so I PMed him: "Me or my base". He didn´t respond in next 10. minutes So I went check by base. Mine gate was burned down. I was still asking him why he raided my base. He didn´t give me any good reason.

Evidence:

Everything needed is here
Raiding someone cause you know they have contra is bullshit.
-Signature removed-
Sigh, alright, you forced me to reply to this....

First of all, why are you taking so much trouble to request a ban against me, when all we did was raid you once?
You could have duped the base again and there wouldn't be any problem at all.

Alright, so now about my reason to raid:
We heared you had contra, and when we came by your base to check it out, you ignored us completely.
So we scouted the base and thought it was suspicious that you were staying back so long. ( we thought you were contra farming). This is when we decided to raid you.

Now note this: even though you weren't at your base! I gave you a warning that we were raiding you! Which isn't even needed!
s.j., if you say that raiding for contra is not allowed, then please make the rules clear. One admin says it is allowed, the other says it isn't.

Well that's all...
Raiding for contra is an awkward topic, because it depends on the RP.

If you're just randomly a citizen and you go "LOLOLOL IM POOR SO I ROB YOU", then generally that's not allowed - it's based moreso on the RP.

For example, a criminal organisation like the mafia, can try and extort people - blackmail them for 'protection' money etc, then if they don't pay up, steal their contra then etc. That's okay.

But personally, randomly raiding because you "think" they have contra - isn't so much a good idea.
(04-26-2011, 04:17 PM)Sniperwolf Wrote: But personally, randomly raiding because you "think" they have contra - isn't so much a good idea.

It's not like we were random raiding people.We observed him first, and we thought that he had contra.
Well, I don't get why you can't raid for contra just cause people have it, in real life people tend to break into houses (bases) for money or valuable objects.

And on a side note: He had an immense base and his job was: "professional criminal". So we kinda thought that he was hiding contra in there, cause why would you need a big base if you have nothing to protect ?

But if you guys say that raiding for contra just cause people bought it isn't a good reason. Then I won't do it again.... cause I thought it was a legit reason to raid someone. (I kinda see a lot of people doing it)
This is how I look at it.
You know how much you can make off destroying contra.
We all know it's not alot.
MAX: 3K
And you are considering murder for 3.000$ an entire life in jail.
Heck if you die you'll loose more cause just 1AK costs more than that.
Heck even a molotov is about 1.2K.
And this all for 3K ?
I don't know man if your realy gonna risk all that for 3000$ you're insane.
So look at it from that point at the other hand like sniper said let's say you are mafia and you are selling protection for an example and he isn't interested, you can give him a small glimpse of what could come if he wasn't gonna do that.
This is a alot better reason.
-Signature removed-
(04-26-2011, 05:23 PM)s.J. Wrote: This is how I look at it.
You know how much you can make off destroying contra.
We all know it's not alot.
MAX: 3K
And you are considering murder for 3.000$ an entire life in jail.
Heck if you die you'll loose more cause just 1AK costs more than that.
Heck even a molotov is about 1.2K.
And this all for 3K ?
I don't know man if your realy gonna risk all that for 3000$ you're insane.
So look at it from that point at the other hand like sniper said let's say you are mafia and you are selling protection for an example and he isn't interested, you can give him a small glimpse of what could come if he wasn't gonna do that.
This is a alot better reason.

Alright, well I still think a ban request on the forums is a bit overkill just for a bad raiding reason.
But you're right, I'll rp the raid better next time, should have thought about it from the perspective of a maffia member.
Yea there no real clear rules about this and I can completely understand your standpoint and I agree a ban req is overkill so I'm not even gonna ban you but even though it was a good thing cause now you know (:
-Signature removed-