Proplimit
Actually, the engine may be more stable, but that doesn't mean more props = less lag.

Garry DID increase the entity limit, however, that doesn't mean less lag. When the entity limit is reached it starts removing other entities in the map to prevent script complications. It was way too low to cause glitches, so Garry raised it. However, more props are the same thing as big props. So it makes just as much lag.

Spawn 10 turtles, no lag.

Spawn 10 buildings, tons of lag.

Spawn as many turtles to equal the size of ONE building. Twice more lag than the 10 buildings did.

The prop limit wasn't made 30 to stop the entity limit removing props in Gmod 12, if it was the limit would've been increased by now. It's 30 to prevent tons of lag.

(03-21-2013, 06:54 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
(03-21-2013, 06:41 PM)GunFISH Wrote: Frankly adding 10 or even 20 extra props per player shouldnt be too taxing on the server, usually when the server lags cause of props it's cause they glitch out horribly.

That means you're adding 500 to 1000 props on the server load...

Yes, if everyone spawned all their props, when I walk about now on the server you don't see people building that much, maybe 10 out of the 50 people that are on maybe build, the only people that usually build on the server are Goverment and contra farmers, then you have your food stand once in a while, all other builds are rare and doesn't come often.
How about increasing the amount of props you can use based on how many hours you have? Someone with 0 hours has nothing to lose and might just do it to grief others. While someone with 300+ hours will have more to lose.
Lead by example.
(03-21-2013, 08:00 PM)GunFISH Wrote:
(03-21-2013, 06:41 PM)GunFISH Wrote: Frankly adding 10 or even 20 extra props per player shouldnt be too taxing on the server, usually when the server lags cause of props it's cause they glitch out horribly.

Yes, if everyone spawned all their props, when I walk about now on the server you don't see people building that much, maybe 10 out of the 50 people that are on maybe build, the only people that usually build on the server are Goverment and contra farmers, then you have your food stand once in a while, all other builds are rare and doesn't come often.

When calculating the server load regarding the props you can't start weighing left and right. It's 50 props per 1 prop increase. You always count on everyone using all of their props. Not doing that would be a massive error which would only come back to bite you in the ass later on.
(03-21-2013, 08:43 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote:

When calculating the server load regarding the props you can't start weighing left and right. It's 50 props per 1 prop increase. You always count on everyone using all of their props. Not doing that would be a massive error which would only come back to bite you in the ass later on.

I'm not saying you should count on it, I'm just stating why it probably wouldn't lag, although I see no reason not to try it out for a week and then take it off if issues occurs.

Passive RPers, shops, pretty much everyone does build, and most of them hit the prop limit if they make a detailed build.

(03-21-2013, 08:55 PM)GunFISH Wrote: I'm not saying you should count on it, I'm just stating why it probably wouldn't lag, although I see no reason not to try it out for a week and then take it off if issues occurs.

(03-21-2013, 12:43 PM)Equalizer Wrote: I believe we already tried 50 Props for a day or so, servers lagged like shit.
(03-21-2013, 09:10 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote:
(03-21-2013, 08:55 PM)GunFISH Wrote: I'm not saying you should count on it, I'm just stating why it probably wouldn't lag, although I see no reason not to try it out for a week and then take it off if issues occurs.

(03-21-2013, 12:43 PM)Equalizer Wrote: I believe we already tried 50 Props for a day or so, servers lagged like shit.

Yes I read this comment to, believe is not the same as knowing, I for one do not know that this has actually happend. I stand by my previous statements, after all if I'm wrong all there is to do is revert it.
Increase proplimit by 20 was a bit stupid in my opinion

P.S.
Play Gmod on microwave is not a good idea
Play it on PC
[Image: image.png]
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
I would rather have less props, and less lag.

One of the things that annoys me very much, is the lag on servers. I rarely ever reach the prop limit, which means that i don't really think that it is necessary to increase the prop Limit.

If we were to increase it, then im sure that the servers would lag, and nobody wants to play on a server whilst that's going on!