Would this be considered contrawhoring?
Question 
If I bought a room and bought some contraband and placed it inside the room, but I also run a black market store nearby and spend most my time outside my room, would that be considered contrawhoring?
No. It will not, you are in possesion of contraband, but that doesn't mean you are contrawhoring.

If you contrawhore, you sit in your dark room/base and wait for your contra to make money, so you can take the money, then go on. If you actively roleplay as a BMD and run a shop, it is not contrawhoring and is acceptable.
The following 2 users Like Narc's post:
  • Sergeant Blueforce, Rowan13
(03-20-2013, 09:56 PM)Narcotic Wrote: No. It will not, you are in possesion of contraband, but that doesn't mean you are contrawhoring.

If you contrawhore, you sit in your dark room/base and wait for your contra to make money, so you can take the money, then go on. If you actively roleplay as a BMD and run a shop, it is not contrawhoring and is acceptable.

But the rules say BMD and other merchants can't have a contra base (a vicinity created only to hold contra), not just to contrawhore.

They can have contraband, just as long as they do not lock them selves up and not sell goods. As long as they sell goods while they use contraband it is OK. Also, BMD's are criminals, so they would be allowed to use it anyway.
Regards,
aviator
Any job is allowed to have contraband, except from government jobs, as-long as you don't contrawhore. You can have contraband, on the rule that you do not stay in the room and contrawhore. So for example, if you are a chef, then you are allowed to have contraband, but you will have to sell food to people at the same time, as if you are not then you are not doing your job, and it would probably mean you were contrawhoring in a room.
(03-21-2013, 07:21 AM)Commander Fi5h Wrote: Any job is allowed to have contraband, except from government jobs, as-long as you don't contrawhore. You can have contraband, on the rule that you do not stay in the room and contrawhore. So for example, if you are a chef, then you are allowed to have contraband, but you will have to sell food to people at the same time, as if you are not then you are not doing your job, and it would probably mean you were contrawhoring in a room.

Chefs, Gundealers, Doctors cannot have contraband.
[Image: Astro%20Signature.png]
Made by DigDug
I have 5 RP point(s)
(03-21-2013, 07:21 AM)Commander Fi5h Wrote: Any job is allowed to have contraband, except from government jobs, as-long as you don't contrawhore. You can have contraband, on the rule that you do not stay in the room and contrawhore. So for example, if you are a chef, then you are allowed to have contraband, but you will have to sell food to people at the same time, as if you are not then you are not doing your job, and it would probably mean you were contrawhoring in a room.

I thought Chef's and Chauffeurs were law abiding citizens.
Regards,
aviator
(03-21-2013, 07:26 AM)Astroo Wrote:

Also, government officials aren't allowed to have it.
(03-21-2013, 08:09 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:
(03-21-2013, 07:26 AM)Astroo Wrote:

Also, government officials aren't allowed to have it.

Which Commander Fi5h also stated in his post.

Though, you said that BMDs may not base, that depends on what you consider to be a base.