The healthy solution.
[Image: 6830956_460s_v1.jpg]
Kind Regards,
Floodify
9gag
lol.
true.
Wind turbines don't produce enough power to meet the demands for power, otherwise this would already be implemented. Nuclear fusion. THAT is the answer to our power troubles. Clean and extremely efficient, also the price for power would be dirt cheap. Unfortunately we don't have the technology to use this method.
The following 3 users Like trouserlessliam's post:
  • Russkie, Faustie, Holdem
9gag

should be:

le problem

le solution

lelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelelele

LE

(03-19-2013, 10:20 PM)trouserlessliam Wrote: Wind turbines don't produce enough power to meet the demands for power, otherwise this would already be implemented. Nuclear fusion. THAT is the answer to our power troubles. Clean and extremely efficient, also the price for power would be dirt cheap. Unfortunately we don't have the technology to use this method.

In Sweden we are going to build 250 (I think, somewhere around this number) and place it in the Baltic Sea and this wind turbines, will (government says) that they will replace all the nuclear reactors in Sweden.

Don't underestimate the power of several hundreds wind turbines.

Fun fact; I read some where that in England they will build (I don't know how many) wave power (I think it's called that) and that will supply the WHOLE UK with power. That's something.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Indeed, Nuclear fusion is the best way. For a small amount of uranium you can get a lot of energy. The only main issue is the danger of it and storing waste uranium.
Regards,
aviator
(03-20-2013, 06:04 AM)myfloodify Wrote: -snip-

Most likely they'd replace the nuclear reactors which are also likely to only make up a small fraction of Sweden's power capability. I also find it incredibly difficult to see how any form of hydro-electric or wave power would be able to power the entire UK.

I skimmed this article and it kind of hinted at between 60-75,000 wind turbines to even get close to powering the entire country.

http://carboncounter.wordpress.com/2013/...er-the-uk/

EDIT: When I first saw the photo, I thought it was an ironic reference to the title of the thread as a nuclear lollipop. -Skeptical
Even though renewable energy sources are the perfect solution to the constant polution problem, as well as the draining of natural resources, it's just not effective as it is right now. Not enough money has been put in the research of advanced materials or techniques.

Currently, renewable energy source power stations can be effectively used to "fill the gap" and slowly start increasing the amount of it used.
That picture is ridiculous. While "true" renewable energy is increasingly becoming more necessary, it's currently highly inefficient and will not meet any countries power demands, especially considering our hyperconsumerism. Even not taking that into account, current energy demands for survival and country maintenance are incredibly high. Wind power will not cut it, and infact isn't entirely harmless either.

Nuclear power is what we need to supply the bulk of our energy. Far cleaner and safer than fossil fuels, and very efficient. The UK finally approved a new nuclear plant recently, which will provide 7% of the UKs power from one site, finally making us more energy independant - We've been buying from France for years. Guess who has a great nuclear program? France. Not only will it provide great jobs for nuclear, chemical and other sorts of engineers, but it'll stimulate the economy once it's built - It's a 14 billion pound asset to the UK, and hopefully soon we'll got more plants approved. Waste is a very minor issue now in comparison to that of other energy sources. Money also needs to be heavily invested into new plant design and fusion research.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Verenikin