Dead Space 3
Anyone else getting Dead Space 3? What do you expect from the game?Opinions?

What do I expect?

Shit.
Looks awful. EA actually said players complained it was "too scary" so they've took away a ton of horror, made it co-op, added cover shooting and rolls, Isaac is now a supersoldier as opposed to engineer, necromorphs shaped like humans that shoot back, doesn't even take place in a chilling spaceship/station.

Best game was first imo, second was pretty good also, very good with the zero g, third looks awful.
(01-23-2013, 04:03 PM)Faustie Wrote: Looks awful. EA actually said players complained it was "too scary" so they've took away a ton of horror, made it co-op, added cover shooting and rolls, Isaac is now a supersoldier as opposed to engineer, necromorphs shaped like humans that shoot back, doesn't even take place in a chilling spaceship/station.

Best game was first imo, second was pretty good also, very good with the zero g, third looks awful.

I call bullshit on what EA said, all they want to do is widen the audience so they get more cash. Another thing I'm worried about is the micro-transactions EA is supplying, basically we can detour the hard way of gathering resources to create our own weapons by spending real currency.

Last but not least is the fact that the PC version is a direct port from the console. I'm still buying the game, just because I'm a fanboy of the franchise. Hopefully, it'll be better than what the marketing campaign is showing us.
Necromorph's that shoot back? in this styled game isn't that kind of just like Resistance styled or Halo styled? That sounds kinda lame :/
I like the idea of Co-op but I don't know what to expect really.
Lead by example.
The f**k is with the Battlefield style cover? I bet you any money EA is behind that Tounge

'Too many people complained it was too scary'...

Well goddamn EA, it's a horror game aged at 18+ the people who complained about it being scary are complete idiots who didn't think to research a game they are gonna spend £40 on. I bet you any money there's a higher amount of people who enjoyed the scares than who don't.
Why couldn't EA go bankrupt instead of THQ? -_-

Definitely not buying it. Maybe piracy.
I will only buy it because of storyline
I used to be and still a bit fan of dead space series
Read, watched and played everything from its series
I won't be fan boy, I myself think that that they just ruined the whole game
As Faustie said, first one is still the best if its series

(01-24-2013, 09:50 PM)GRiiM Wrote: Why couldn't EA go bankrupt instead of THQ? -_-

Golden words mate, golden words!

Definitely not buying it. Maybe piracy.

Someone said they have never and will never use pirated copies
Hmmm
Was that you GRiiM? c:

Anyways, same here
The following 1 user Likes Dr Tomorrow's post:
  • GRiiM
Game looks like a shitty, jump-scare filled shooter with horror elements. Just like Dead Space 2.
Looks like it sucks.
(01-26-2013, 03:05 AM)Sergeno Wrote: Looks like it sucks.

It does, trust me.