Is it bad to stay inside alot?
Hey everyone!

Today i have been on my computer for the whole day, playing games, and just now i have thought to myself, am i wasting away inside. I think about this alot, but then i dont feel as bad, because then i think to myself, what could i actually do instead of doing this. I have got a girlfriend and i visit her alot, and that is about all i do besides going on my computer, and going round my mates houses.

So i would like to ask you all, is it alright to stay inside for alot of time, and i would like you to give me your opinions on it, because at the moment i dont know, and if you do think that its bad to stay indoors for a long time, then please could you give me some activities that i could do, so that i would not spend AS much time indoors, and the activity involves going outdoors.

Thanks once again for the help, im sure that some people will be able to help me out here, cheers!

Charlie :3
Personally, I like going out and go to the gym, things like those really set you free and give yourself the right to sit your arse for some hours.
It's perfectly fine, in my opinion.

There is only one question that you must answer, and that is "Does it make you happy?"

I have no problem staying in my room playing games for around 48h straight (more like 44-45h), just drinking coffee and smoking a lot. I have a girl, a great many of friends and decent grades in college. The fact that I stay in my room and stare at my screen in my free time means nothing.

So, if it makes you feel happy, go for it!
(12-31-2012, 04:44 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Personally, I like going out and go to the gym, things like those really set you free and give yourself the right to sit your arse for some hours.

Yeah, your lucky enough to have one of them, as i live in the country, but do you think that jogging around for about 3 miles is a good bit of excise, about 2 times a week, because if it is then i may just try doing that every week, and gradually extend the amount i run, maybe that will make me feel less worried about the time i spend indoors !

(12-31-2012, 04:45 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: It's perfectly fine, in my opinion.

There is only one question that you must answer, and that is "Does it make you happy?"

I have no problem staying in my room playing games for around 48h straight (more like 44-45h), just drinking coffee and smoking a lot. I have a girl, a great many of friends and decent grades in college. The fact that I stay in my room and stare at my screen in my free time means nothing.

So, if it makes you feel happy, go for it!

Thanks alot for the help, i do enjoy staying inside, but its just the fact that i don't have anybody to speak to, and then when it comes to discussions i dont know what to talk about, as i have been indoors for the majority of the day, and my brain isn't set to "speaking mode". do you know anything i can do to make myself more awake or active?
When I'm going up to bed at around 4ish in the morning and I think woah I've played way too much today. I feel bad and that I'm wasting my life away, then I just think fuck it it's fun as hell.
(12-31-2012, 05:06 PM)Disabled Angel Wrote: When I'm going up to bed at around 4ish in the morning and I think woah I've played way too much today. I feel bad and that I'm wasting my life away, then I just think *** it it's fun as hell.

haha yeah, thats what i mean. Im not really sure if i am wasting my time, but then i also think well i am having fun, so why does it matter? I have recently decided (By that i mean right now) that i am going to do some excise every day, and make sure that i try and go outside and speak to people oftenly, but then i can just screw that plan, and just think, "well, its better than prison!"
Everything is fine in moderation, however if you enjoy doing it then that's fine, you should do what you want within reason of course! Smile
Lead by example.
Alright, thank you everyone for the help, atleast i know that im not the only one who is an indoor adict, i have come up with a plan to make sure that i go outside atleast everyone other day, and make sure that i dont sit in front of it for over 3 hours without going to get a drink or anything, thanks! (:
Again, the most IMPORTANT thing is... does it make you happy?

Nothing more, nothing less. I can't emphasize how important that question is. Besides that, nothing else really matters.
(12-31-2012, 05:22 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: Again, the most IMPORTANT thing is... does it make you happy?

Nothing more, nothing less. I can't emphasize how important that question is. Besides that, nothing else really matters.

Yeah, i do enjoy it very much, and now that i have come up with something that will make me feel less bad about staying inside, then you can close the thread as and when wanted, because i don't think i need much more advise, but if people would like to still help me out then please go for it!