Questions regarding Rules
Am I as a moderator, allowed to answer?

To ask a question: What is considered a valid reason to mug someone, an example would be appreciated.
(12-04-2012, 11:31 AM)Doomdude1 Wrote: Am I as a moderator, allowed to answer?

To ask a question: What is considered a valid reason to mug someone, an example would be appreciated.

Yes.

More than a valid reason, it needs to be somewhere where mugs would usually occur. For example, the alleway in the slums area. You can mug someone if you wish, but don't ask for $2,000. Ask for something more realistic, like "Give me what you have!", then specify in OOC $50 or something similar.

A reason? Perhaps your character has been just been let out of jail and you want to RP as a criminal with no money, living in the slums and whatnot.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
(12-04-2012, 11:16 AM)CookieMasterz Wrote: Also. There are two questions that have bothered me for a while.

If you block of an entire area, For example, The Church village in v33x and you own all the doors, Is it allowed?

If you block of an entire area, And if it has no doors you can own ( Tides hotel ) Is it allowed?

If by "blocking" the little village you mean putting a fadding door and keypad/button then it's fine.
Gareth Philp Wrote:So if I'm near a rock and they start shooting, as a cop, I can then run behind the rock for cover and return fire? I did this and was told off by a few people on the server, there were no staff on so I just assumed all of them were right and I was wrong? But like you said, you're not just going to stand there and let them turn from holding you on the ground to starting to shoot at you. IRL I would find cover asap. Is that rule abiding?

If someone starts shooting at you, Fear RP will still be in effect, but differently. You see, if someone aims a weapon at you, you don't move because you're scared of being shot. If someone starts actually shooting at you, you are scared of being hit therefore you run/get cover.

In other words, if someone is actually trying to kill you, not just threatening you, you can run/hide/shoot back and whatnot.
Live a good life. If there's a god and he's just, he will not care of how devout you are, he will accept you for the virtues you have based your life upon. If there's no god, then you will have gone, but you will have lived a noble life which will stay in the memories of those that you love.
(12-04-2012, 11:16 AM)CookieMasterz Wrote: If you block of an entire area, And if it has no doors you can own ( Tides hotel ) Is it allowed?

As far as I am aware you can own the doors at the Tides Hotel? Anyhow, I have seen many hotels used there.

One thing I would do is incorporate rules together. For example, you can purchase all of the doors at the Tides (At least on v2d) and make some sort of passive RP, but you can't make it into a massive contrabase or any similar form of criminal base that will result in aggressive behaviour such as raids or firefights.

Now, you have to be sensible. For the example of the Tides, say you wanted to build a hotel there then I would advise making your 'barrier' further up so that the public can still access the proper 'public' part of the Tides.

Rules that are involved in this include:

6. Do not build custom doors behind an unownable door, exceptions are: Nexus and offices. (I would perhaps like some clarification to this from a full admin on whether the Tide Hotel could be incorporated into this for passive roleplays only.)

7. All buildings in the main city street and all obvious shops are reserved for passive RP. Do not base here.
Your thread actually left me with more questions then actual clarification of the way the rules work. Your basing rule about hallways with windows to shoot through not being allowed for one. I had set up a base in an apartment that went like this. you open door, in front of you is a wide window (no prop) but using two props, one above and one below to ensure you couldn't jump through. to your right there was a keypad in a "hallway that could fit 3 people shoulder to shoulder and I could probably pack 9 or more people in it if they were crammed in like sardines, though realistically you'd have maybe 3 or 4 in there at most if you didn't want to risk friendly fire in a raid sense. I then called an admin and Ruxandra came and made a minor adjustment to my window then it was approved by her standards as legal. According to your description of what isn't allowed via doomforting I can't do that. I don't see it as a doomfort as more then 50% of my body would be exposed if I stood up, but I would be nearly fully protected if I ducked, however if I ducked I wouldn't be able to return fire either.

To sum up this question, if I have an admin look at it and say it's okay, then another admin comes along later and tears it down, how am I to know what's okay and not? And if admin 2 comes in later saying I can't have it but admin 1 said I could and I explain that, how does it work out?

Not trying to make this over complicated, I hate mom and pop games if you know what I mean by that saying. (in case you don't it's the game of mom said no, but dad says yes)

BMD rules really mess things up. Let me see if I can put this to word correctly. BMDs cannot: Base. Advert illegal goods. Own a public store. Deal their goods in public. Metagaming restricts most forms of them advertising outside of those means. And some cops will pretty much arrest you for being a BMD. They can't raid. If they get raided they are to act like every other shop class and call the cops. In 300 hours this is my compiled list of do nots for them so far. I will cover them seperately now.

1:No Basing: Doesn't add up as BMDs most certainly deal in contraband and they would want a defensible location to work from. Nothing huge, but 2 doors to create the deal room and the backroom for their illegal goods seems pretty reasonable to me.

2:No adverting illegal goods. I understand this rule but need to point out that everything they sell except ammo is illegal. If I advert as a front (i.e.Check out my pawn shop) can the police arrest me for that? Extention on that, if I rename some of my illegal goods to seem non illegal (i.e. cooking supplies, Military surplus) is that against the rules?

3: Cannot own a public store. Does this include if you've made a front to cover your identity?

4: metagaming. I understand that ooc is not allowed to put the word out, but if I /pm as a phone call is that okay, if yes, do I have to use /me with what I actually say via my phone to RP it out?

5: Can cops arrest me merely for being a BMD?

6: Can't raid. I'll go with that to support passive RP though I think BMDs should be able to RP war with one another in the case of rivalry as they would normally in real life. To clarify the question, could I have hired thugs to thrash the other BMDs store and jack his pots for example assuming that RP negotiations between the other BMD and I have gone south.

7: Expected to act like a shop class in case of a raid. I completely disagree with this. If I were a BMD in real life and someone came to raid me, I would use bullets, not the cops to settle my problem and defend myself. I find calling the cops would not fit the RP situation nor would it be a wise idea as a BMD in general assuming that pot was illegal.

I do NOT support contra farming as a BMD with the exception to growing weed because lets face it, they are drug dealers based on what around half their market is on this server.

In closing I would like to know in greater detail about basing (mainly if it's approved by an admin how can I protect myself from the judgement of another admin if they don't like it and want to ban me over it) and overall BMD rules. I feel that lumping the BMD with the other shops doesn't work out in all cases kinda like my suggestion thread about how SS rules should be clearly defined as they DO NOT operate like police and strongly need their own detailed rule set in the listed server rules. The guide wasn't bad but it needs to be in the rules section for those 2 hour donators who think they are super cops. Just like those 2 hour BMDs that think they are clean cut criminals that can do whatever the hell they want.

Thanks for reading and I hope that you understand that I'm not trying to be rude or offend anyone, I just want strong clarification so I can make my own guidelines to improve my RP ability in these fields. It is late and I have many more questions that will have to wait till I have the time to post them. kudos for your thread outlining the rules.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Mr. Philp
(12-04-2012, 10:28 PM)Jokhah Wrote: -snip-

1:No Basing: Doesn't add up as BMDs most certainly deal in contraband and they would want a defensible location to work from. Nothing huge, but 2 doors to create the deal room and the backroom for their illegal goods seems pretty reasonable to me.
The basing rule only covers the creating of huge, metallic bases with gates and windows. Most players do not know the difference, but making a shop(or a similar build, basically an area which is not extremely protected) is not considered a base

2:No adverting illegal goods. I understand this rule but need to point out that everything they sell except ammo is illegal. If I advert as a front (i.e.Check out my pawn shop) can the police arrest me for that? Extention on that, if I rename some of my illegal goods to seem non illegal (i.e. cooking supplies, Military surplus) is that against the rules? Making an actual working "legal" front is excellent in my opinion, and most BMDs should aspire to it. The other way of "safely" selling is being completely mobile, and staying out of sight of course.

3: Cannot own a public store. Does this include if you've made a front to cover your identity? Previous answer covers this as well.

4: metagaming. I understand that ooc is not allowed to put the word out, but if I /pm as a phone call is that okay, if yes, do I have to use /me with what I actually say via my phone to RP it out? Not sure what you're asking. If it's should you stay IC while talking to a potential customer via the "phone" (PM) then yes, do so. If you're RPing a phone call (trying to impress a customer in front of you) then use the /me command. I don't think you need (or can effectively) use environmental effects over the phone.

5: Can cops arrest me merely for being a BMD? Without proof of you selling illegitimate items, no. On the other hand, if BMDs are banned from the city and you are in it, then yes.

6: Can't raid. I'll go with that to support passive RP though I think BMDs should be able to RP war with one another in the case of rivalry as they would normally in real life. To clarify the question, could I have hired thugs to thrash the other BMDs store and jack his pots for example assuming that RP negotiations between the other BMD and I have gone south. You would have to be careful when making such arrangements, and make sure that the other player understands the point of your "competitive war" as well.

7: Expected to act like a shop class in case of a raid. I completely disagree with this. If I were a BMD in real life and someone came to raid me, I would use bullets, not the cops to settle my problem and defend myself. I find calling the cops would not fit the RP situation nor would it be a wise idea as a BMD in general assuming that pot was illegal. I have never found a problem with pulling a pistol in case I was being raided. I think this one actually refers to the Fear RP breakers rather than 100% of the cases.

I do NOT support contra farming as a BMD with the exception to growing weed because lets face it, they are drug dealers based on what around half their market is on this server.

This is just my opinion based on my personal experiences. My personal opinion does not depict that off the staff, nor is it considered 100% accurate. If anyone feels that I am wrong (especially the staff) feel free to edit as you see fit.
Alright, here we go.

About the Merchant Jobs & their Contraband in the back room / somewhere else.
Yes, job rules 5 states that they should not lock themselves into a room and contra whore as any of these jobs.

However, what confuses me as a moderator is the situation where dealers own contraband, but are making an effort to sell their goods too.

To put it shot: Is there a 0-tolerance policy with dealers & contra or does it come down to something else?
I have a few questions concerning police officers and speed/car laws.

If a car is going faster than the speed limit, or go past a red light, generally the police officer will yell stop and get out. If you have a legitimate reason for ignoring the police officer and you continue driving, is the police officer allowed to shoot your car and if so are they allowed to attempt too kill you or do they have too chase you down?

Also, I know you've already said that a vehicle is not a valid way to kill someone but can I ask why can we not have a hit and run? I think if you have a decent RP reason (such as you're part of the Mob, maybe you were betrayed by someone or someone overheard some information and made a quick escape, and you're following them in vehicle) why can't you do a hit and run? I think it could lead to some interesting RP if you are caught by the police.

Edit: I also have a question on hostaging. What would you describe as ideal reasons to hostage someone?
(12-08-2012, 09:39 PM)Iban Wrote: Alright, here we go.

About the Merchant Jobs & their Contraband in the back room / somewhere else.
Yes, job rules 5 states that they should not lock themselves into a room and contra whore as any of these jobs.

However, what confuses me as a moderator is the situation where dealers own contraband, but are making an effort to sell their goods too.

To put it shot: Is there a 0-tolerance policy with dealers & contra or does it come down to something else?

The rule expressly condemns 'basing' specifically, which I and many others have always categorised as sitting in a room, contrafarming and thus not performing your job. There is also the factor of FailRP, so I think that Gundealers and Black Market Dealers, both of whom are the most closely linked to the underground world, are allowed to possess contraband but are NOT allowed to base. If at any time it affects their ability to perform their job, it causes a problem. Chefs and Chauffeurs should not have contraband at all, they're civilian jobs and having contraband would be FailRP.

(12-08-2012, 10:10 PM)Carbine Wrote: I have a few questions concerning police officers and speed/car laws.

If a car is going faster than the speed limit, or go past a red light, generally the police officer will yell stop and get out. If you have a legitimate reason for ignoring the police officer and you continue driving, is the police officer allowed to shoot your car and if so are they allowed to attempt too kill you or do they have too chase you down?

Also, I know you've already said that a vehicle is not a valid way to kill someone but can I ask why can we not have a hit and run? I think if you have a decent RP reason (such as you're part of the Mob, maybe you were betrayed by someone or someone overheard some information and made a quick escape, and you're following them in vehicle) why can't you do a hit and run? I think it could lead to some interesting RP if you are caught by the police.

Edit: I also have a question on hostaging. What would you describe as ideal reasons to hostage someone?

Shooting is a last resort, ever heard of those massive long car chases on American highways? They occur because they don't shoot to kill. Ideally, you would have some sort of car damaging system but we don't currently have that; it is being designed. In short, you do not kill someone who is escaping; you chase them and if you lose them then you should make avid use of your radio or give up - up to you.

No form of using vehicles to kill someone is allowed, at all. This is because of the unbalanced nature it causes, the fact it is entirely aggressive and would simply lead to EVERYONE performing hit and runs. So no, never use your car as a weapon.

The most obvious hostaging scenario would be a Rebellion kidnapping the President, who has made laws that expressly discriminate against the Rebel group, in order to change the law. Apart from that, there shouldn't be many reasons to hostage someone because it is far too common in Fearless compared to real life. Another scenario would be if the Corleone family and the Rebels had gone to war. You may, for example, hostage an opposing team member who has perhaps drifted too nosily towards your base or who has been causing you trouble.