Lets clear this up, meta gaming or not?!
2 incidents occured today where a guy pulls something up behind a guy. If you use the "**Humla pulls out a knife" or what it says to arrest someone as a cop is that meta game or not? Keep in mind that this is behind the officer and he doesn't see it with his own eyes. Equal basically said it's not meta using that text but alot of other people say it is.
He could hear the sound of you pulling the knife or any other weapon.
[Image: pNUrjiv.png]
Credit goes to Jamie.
id say he heard it so looking is ok, but doesnt seam right you can arrest someone for something you didnt see and only might of heard that it was a knife, no proof it actually was
I have no idea what you are talking about, you said it was metagaming bringing out the logs from an incident that occured which I were trying to resolve.

I never said that wasnt metagaming, and my opinion doesnt matter. You obviously payed zero attention to the conversation.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(11-30-2012, 11:20 PM)Equal Wrote: I have no idea what you are talking about, you said it was metagaming bringing out the logs from an incident that occured which I were trying to resolve.

I never said that wasnt metagaming, and my opinion doesnt matter. You obviously payed zero attention to the conversation.

I did pay attention. Verenikin even told people afterwards that you told him it wasnt meta gaming. Ruxandra, what if the person stands way back? The sound isnt that loud is it?

I know it is a semi-serious server but I cant even count the number of argues I've seen about this.
Ah, this.

Well, let me explain.

I was arresting a person, and then two other people show up. One of them (maybe Humla?) then pulled out a rope. I turn around, see him with the rope, and taze n' cuff him. He then starts to scream "OMG METAGAME". I am pretty sure that Equal (who I called) then said that what I did wasn't metagaming.

Lets remember one thing: The thing that says ***XXX pulled out XXX*** is not written with an "OOC" behind it, and reminds a lot about the /it command.
Its reminds you about /it because its /me.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]