So, apparently, you can't renew someone's warrant after it expires?
Today, while playing as a police officer, I noticed a rebel (tyn0) walking around with a knife raised in the streets. When I walked over to him, he quickliy holstered it, so I decided to fine him. He said he couldn't pay the fine, so I decided to handcuff him and arrest him, but he ran away, got into a car, and drove out of the city. I chased him with the police commander (who I don't remember the name of) for a while (at this point, he was warranted). Eventually I managed to stop him, but his warrant had expired, so the police commander renewed it. I arrested him, but he started complaining about it, saying that the arrest warrant's time limit is the time limit you can arrest the person you're chasing, and that when it ran out, you apparently had to let this person go. He is the first person to tell me this, after being on this server for months. It doesn't say anything about this in the rules, anywhere. Can someone confirm if what he said was true?
No, you don't have to let him go. Warrants expire so cops couldn't break NLR by chasing some guy forever.