Rule that needs clarifying.
I have noticed while playing that with certain rules, there seems to be "grey areas" and unwritten rules amongst the community. So I would like some clarification on this.

For example, the rule under "Rebels/Mafia Rules" (rule 5) states that
"Just because you're in a underground team doesn't give you the right to raid or do anything you please".
Yet, an admin recently let the Corleone raid us for our contraband, because they could probably "hear it spawn money" (Worse off still, a friend got banned for breaking fear RP because he walked away from gunpoint as he had contacted an admin and wanted to wait for the admin to verify anything before continuing the RP) The problem with this is that if I am sitting in the apartments in the town, I am on the top floor, and all 4 doors are owned by 4 separate people, and I hear contraband spawn somewhere, it then gives me a legitimate reason to raid all 4 rooms just in case they have contraband. (Which seems fairly mingey and lol'y to me)

So hearing contraband spawn money is now a reason to raid, we have that screen shotted from an admin. The problem is that that being a thing isn't in the rules. I know it would be nearly impossible to document everything, but an attempt needs to be made to, just so people know where they stand. At the moment people getting banned really depends on what admins catches you, because another friend of mine recently got banned for random raiding when he could see the contraband in the persons room.

That's a real issue. So in my honest opinion, for what it is worth, I think the grey areas and the unwritten rules need to be cleared up. I think having clearer rules would in the future save people from getting needlessly banned due to poor communication for the staff team, or from misunderstanding ambiguous rules.
I've usually had these issues. I just started to act differently for each admin online, just because I want to save my breath from arguing.

Off topic:
I applaud you for reading the rules.
I'm also curious about this because I was warned about Fear rp when a chauffeur tried to rdm me in the streeets and I ran up and tazed him. I understand this was breaking fear rp but was I just supposed to let him kill me?
(11-24-2012, 09:23 PM)Teh Time Rider Wrote: I'm also curious about this because I was warned about Fear rp when a chauffeur tried to rdm me in the streeets and I ran up and tazed him. I understand this was breaking fear rp but was I just supposed to let him kill me?

I thought fear rp only applied when they aimed a gun at you, but if they are more than say... 15 feet away, and are shooting, then you can act.
a lot of the staff seems to hav there own versions of rules that differ between them.. js
The raiding rule really needs to be clarified. Does it settle down to "If you can hear it, raid it" or "You have to see it before acting" and what jobs/classes can perform raids.
The following 1 user Likes Knight's post:
  • Dugehong
I got banned earlier today because we got random raided in the industrial area. Corleone members knew were we had based as I had asked them to sell a door they wasn't using. They couldn't see or hear any contraband as where they were starting the raid was on the opposite side of MTL.

When they started the raid I called an admin and so did my friend and I walked away from them taking shots at me hoping an admin would show and resolve the situation. Instead I got a ban for "breaking fear RP" when they other 6 guys had broken rules first. It seemed this was a ban of convenience as I had technically broke a rule by walking away but was just waiting for an admin before I continued. It seems banning just me would be easier than banning six people and having them QQ in forums.
(11-25-2012, 01:15 AM)Craig447 Wrote: I got banned earlier today because we got random raided in the industrial area. Corleone members knew were we had based as I had asked them to sell a door they wasn't using. They couldn't see or hear any contraband as where they were starting the raid was on the opposite side of MTL.

When they started the raid I called an admin and so did my friend and I walked away from them taking shots at me hoping an admin would show and resolve the situation. Instead I got a ban for "breaking fear RP" when they other 6 guys had broken rules first. It seemed this was a ban of convenience as I had technically broke a rule by walking away but was just waiting for an admin before I continued. It seems banning just me would be easier than banning six people and having them QQ in forums.

take it up with holdem then
I have no intent of taking it up with him, he's an admin and he bans at his discretion.

I was just adding my argument to the fact that these raiding rules should be clarified. And also if someone is going to get banned for breaking one rule shouldn't the whole situation be reviewed and ban all rule breakers?
The following 1 user Likes Craig447's post:
  • Dugehong
Jamie once told me that the reason Contra has a sound is because so if people hear it, they can raid it. So i guess you can raid if you hear the Contraband.

But then another admin told me that raiding just because you hear Contraband is a stupid reason, So im kinda confused. I dont even raid anyways. Most people are armed to the teeth with weapons.