Minimized
Occasionally when I'm playing Garry's Mod, my game randomly minimizes, and then cannot be unminimized...

This happens on all the servers I play on, usually when a lot of things are happening at once. For example, somebody is talking on mic to me and two cars just crashed and I'm typing.

The wierd part is, I can still move and talk during this, but I cannot see. I can also hear what is going on...

After this happens, I have to open task manager and shut down Garry's Mod.

Something similar used to happen, where my game minimized. But after a few minutes it unminimizes and I have about a minute of lag spikes, because my game is catching up with what happened while I wasn't in-game.

Any solutions? Or am I doomed to forever be in the curse of this!

[Image: ezgif_com_save.gif] Oh, Ariana. Stop it, you!
What do you mean by minimized? Does the picture on your game get smaller, or does it pop up in a browser? Or anything like that.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(11-20-2012, 08:10 PM)Midget Wrote: What do you mean by minimized? Does the picture on your game get smaller, or does it pop up in a browser? Or anything like that.

It is in a browser, but when I've asked "can you hear me?" people respond with "yes," and if I ask if I'm moving they also say yes. It's like I'm playing but I cannot see what I'm doing. I'm viewing my desktop.

This has occurred to me, It will minimize to a black screen and I can hear sounds, voice chat and actions but when I 'Alt +TAB' to exit and re-enter Garry's Mod it remains black. This can happen at random and the only fix is to terminate the program.

I hope there is a known fix for this issue.

(11-20-2012, 08:12 PM)Small Bear Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 08:10 PM)Midget Wrote: What do you mean by minimized? Does the picture on your game get smaller, or does it pop up in a browser? Or anything like that.

It is in a browser, but when I've asked "can you hear me?" people respond with "yes," and if I ask if I'm moving they also say yes. It's like I'm playing but I cannot see what I'm doing. I'm viewing my desktop.
Are you sure you are not pushing your windows button by an accident? I tend to do this, and it has come so far I have actually just ripped off the windows button. If that's the case, try doing that.

It could be something with a buffer overflow glitch too, instead of kicking you it just takes you to your desktop, just an idea.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Perhaps, next time it happens I'll try that. Thanks!