Really good roleplay gone bad.
Bug 
Did a really sweet roleplay as the president. Nuclear powerplant had gone into meltdown and was about to cause a Chernobyl type of scene. Everyone was going to be evacuated by a couple of buses to a safe zone check point thing.

But of course, there are those kids who like to ruin the game for everyone. I got prop killed while walking towards a bus. And the person who prop killed me took the president position. Everyone else was roleplaying perfectly though, which was surprising.

Can I suggest maybe making it so people can't be killed by props? There is an addon I used to have back when I ran a couple of servers (One was DarkRP and the other was Sandbox) and it basically stopped prop killing. It was great. But seriously, prop pushing, blocking, killing, is what completely ruins the server when an admin is not present. It needs to be sorted... some how.
I sometimes wonder why I donated.
(11-18-2012, 01:39 PM)Aid4n Wrote: -Snip-

Sounds like a good RP, sorry to hear that you couldn't finish it properly.
(11-18-2012, 01:46 PM)Aid4n Wrote: I sometimes wonder why I donated.
Image removed, Clan closed. - beflok
You donated because you like the server and wants to support it, however if you get mad about a single episode on the server you shoulndt be playing here at all.

There is probably a chance of 1:5 that your roleplay will get ruined.

Also, the thing with not being able to propkill people, it is suggested but the thread died I believe.

Worst case scenario, you lost 10 Bucks, oh mah gudness, disazter!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOAU395mfJw

If your RP ended like that with the new president that killed you, you could get evidence of what he did (propkilling for get higher rank) and post a ban request in the good area.
NB : Ask an Admin to check logs for see the prop used for kill and who used it.
[Image: JmCzDqB.png]
(11-18-2012, 02:02 PM)Equal Wrote: You donated because you like the server and wants to support it, however if you get mad about a single episode on the server you shoulndt be playing here at all.

There is probably a chance of 1:5 that your roleplay will get ruined.

Also, the thing with not being able to propkill people, it is suggested but the thread died I believe.

Worst case scenario, you lost 10 Bucks, oh mah gudness, disazter!

My point is... I support the server and like it... YES. But what is the point of supporting a ROLEPLAY server where you can't decently roleplay without being killed by someone breaking the rules?

One solution is: A LOT more admins. Many of them can't always get online. There should always be at least one admin present if there is going to be 50 people in a server. It's just common sense. Or they could at least put a "votekick" option in which can only be used by donators or the president or whatever.

Also, I'm not "mad". I am simply disappointed that a community that receives quite a lot of donations can't provide regular support for its players. Also, I could make a long list of other times roleplay has been destroyed.

It's a roleplay server, not a "Get griefed and deal with it" server. And naturally I expect to be able to roleplay.

I am fully aware that admins have other things to do in their life, which is fair enough and exactly why more admins are needed. I only know of one fairly active admin and that's Adman.
The following 1 user Likes Aid4n's post:
  • Haarek
I am sorry I couldn't make it on to support this, I was otherwise disposed whilst celebrating my brother's birthday.

It sounds like a great roleplay Aidan, please do not be disheartened, the server can only improve if people like you stay and continue to roleplay!
(11-18-2012, 01:39 PM)Aid4n Wrote: Did a really sweet roleplay as the president. Nuclear powerplant had gone into meltdown and was about to cause a Chernobyl type of scene. Everyone was going to be evacuated by a couple of buses to a safe zone check point thing.

But of course, there are those kids who like to ruin the game for everyone. I got prop killed while walking towards a bus. And the person who prop killed me took the president position. Everyone else was roleplaying perfectly though, which was surprising.

Can I suggest maybe making it so people can't be killed by props? There is an addon I used to have back when I ran a couple of servers (One was DarkRP and the other was Sandbox) and it basically stopped prop killing. It was great. But seriously, prop pushing, blocking, killing, is what completely ruins the server when an admin is not present. It needs to be sorted... some how.

Yes i was there, it was really good roleplay, i had no idea why the people didnt like you though.. The person who killed you was just some minge kid.. the whole server was literally trying to kill the president who took your place.. She even asked the police to kill everyone dancing in the nexus..
Anti prop kill system suggestion....

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=20508