The Gaming Industry Discussion/Moan
Bug 
Title of Rant:The Gaming Industry And It's Marketing Tricks

Reason for Rant: Fed up of gaming companies abusing the industry.

Actual Rant: I am getting really annoyed about companies like EA and Activision charging god knows what for console add-ons and games and leaving us PC gamers with the scraps and low prices. Angry

Really, they don't care about the games. Sure, everyone sets up a business to make money but these people keep pumping out the same crap ten year old Xbox 360 players eat up. No variation, just FPS after FPS after FPS. Wheres the innovative games gone? I haven't seen a simulator published by a big company in ages. In fact, never has a worth-while sim been published by a big company. Except for The Sims, of course.

Not to mention all PC gamers get is dodgy, badly optimized ports from consoles and sometimes no DLC or no game at all. Consoles are where the money is at. Nice, restricting, bland, consoles. What happened to gaming being an art or a way to escape life?

I know, pretty much everyone big time company out there became greedy and disgusting. Isn't it funny how only small development companies produce new, fresh exciting games. Examples being Undead Labs and their new game State of Decay, a zombie game based around the survival aspect of a zombie apocalypse rather than the FPS stereotypical zombie game.

Come on EA, why won't you publish something that isn't complete garbage.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The following 1 user Likes Nuka's post:
  • ActionJump
(11-08-2012, 05:18 PM)NukaBomb Wrote: -Snip-
Come on EA, why won't you publish something that isn't complete garbage.

Because they're a bunch of greedy bastards that deserve to get an AK-74M with a bayonet stuck up their asses.
Money.
I bet if they're logo was a world, and they had a 3D version at their HQ, it would spin around powered by burning money
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
The thing is,that they charge you for the online passes(EA)especially if your friend gave you it.
Well, at least we still have Rockstar Games and IO Interactive.

They're the only major game label I can think off, who's still making games because they love it.
That, and they're always trying to find new and innovative ways to develop their games.
RDR was unique, same goes for LA:Noire. GTA V will have 3 protagonists which is also very new in an open world game.
Same goes for Hitman and Army of Two. Both franchises are one of a kind games.

However. At some point they will realize that the X-Box and especially the PS3 has gone too far behind. As an example lets look at Skyrim/Dawnguard and how that turned out on PS3.
They never got it and most likely never will. I doubt future DLC's like Dragonborn will come on PS3 neither.

PC Gaming is not dying. A lot of my friends are now buying PC's instead of consoles (myself included since I first received my PC 1 1/2 month ago.)
The problem being with PC's are just the expensives. A console may cost about 200 dollars now for one with 320GB of space where a PC for high-res gaming easily costs 1200 dollars.

Now, some people might say that: "Why do they then start delaying releases for PC versions?". Well, personally I have got nothing against this. I'd much rather wait some time for a more polished and better game than a shitty ported version. Still owning my PS3 I can also tell you that some games are just meant to be played on consoles. That's what I think, at least. This goes for especially GTA for which I cannot imagine playing on a PC.
(11-08-2012, 05:18 PM)NukaBomb Wrote: Come on EA, why won't you publish something that isn't complete garbage.

Yeah, Battlefield 3 was COMPLETE GARBAGE
Copy 'n Paste of Duty.
Nuff said.
(11-09-2012, 12:25 PM)GRiiM Wrote: Copy 'n Paste of Duty.
Nuff said.

You think BF3 is a copy of CoD?

Oh hell no! As much as it does have its flaws, quite many of them actually, I'd choose strategy, cool graphics, and vehicles over 360-no-scoping any day.

EDIT: Nvm.
(11-09-2012, 12:55 PM)Verenikin Wrote:
(11-09-2012, 12:25 PM)GRiiM Wrote: Copy 'n Paste of Duty.
Nuff said.

You think BF3 is a copy of CoD?

Oh hell no! As much as it does have its flaws, quite many of them actually, I'd choose strategy, cool graphics, and vehicles over 360-no-scoping any day.

Wat?
No I was saying Call of Duty is the same thing over and over again.