Concerning recent DDoS attacks
Information 
Hello Community,

I just wanted to inform you about recent problems with the server.

We are at the moment being attacked by a guy called "Sogeking", he got banned from the server and doesn't seem to like that. As far as I know he is 19 years old and well as we can see not very mature for his age, I don't know him but I guess he doesn't get much attention in his real life and tries to compensate this in the game or better said in front of his computer. There are people like this and I actually feel sorry for him because I don't want to have a life like this but fair enough.

What he is doing is basically sending huge amounts of bits and bytes to the server which finally makes it crash, we think he is using a so called botnet, botnets can only be made by experts or people with a lot of knowledge about hacking etc. They are really powerful as you can see and make our server crash within minutes.

This is how it's actually working, just so you know.

[Image: botnetsimage.jpg]

He has hacked multiple PC's to do actions for him, think of people without firewalls etc, they are a part of his virtual army. These PC's are called zombies: the owner don't know what his PC is actually doing.

There are firewalls against this, but good ones starts from 1000 dollar or more per year, which is far too expensive for us.

The only thing we can do is hope that he will loose his interest, that's why I am asking all of you to ignore him, if he adds your or anything just ignore him and block him on Steam. Also it would be great if you could report him on Steam. Just go on his Steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nukelemon and go to "Report Violation" -> "User Misconduct", just enter the reason and report him. We don't know atm what else to do, we will try to find a solution and will let you know about any changes.

If anybody of you has an idea of what to do, a serious idea which could help, just let us know.

- Nudelholz

Dare to think!
Reported.
Reported
Steam: "Thank you for reporting offensive content and helping to keep the Steam Community clean and friendly. Buy yourself some cake, you deserve it."
Whaaat??! xD

I remember Sogeking, he's been on our server for a long time if I remember right. Never really had any experience with him though..
Reporting as we speak, with so many reports, they should ban him.

Edit: This is what I wrote to Steam/Valve.

"Threatening to DDoS the FearLess [FL] Garry's Mod roleplay server, we as a community believe he is using a botnet style attack. Pondering over legal action, we decided that a report to Valve/Steam would be the best course of action right now."
Thank you for reporting offensive content and helping to keep the Steam Community clean and friendly. Buy yourself some cake, you deserve it.
I suddenly love Steam a lot more now.

In all seriousness though, reported.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
No obvious Portal references to be found. Tounge
Steam doesn't do anything I think... we need to have his ip adress and talk to his ISP. If he played on the server or visisited the website I assume you guys still have his ip-adress.
As I already said, we'll tell Steam first so he loses money on the games he bought, maybe they'll do something.
Then we'll go to his ISP or the authorities.
Reported.

Shame, such shame that people have no life but to annoy people for their own wrong-doings.
(02-02-2011, 01:45 PM)Flying_Cow Wrote: Steam doesn't do anything I think... we need to have his ip adress and talk to his ISP. If he played on the server or visisited the website I assume you guys still have his ip-adress.

He is behind a proxy, if we get his IP his ISP will notified immediately.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.