What do you think of Global Warming?
Thinking like that is ignorant, every little thing help.
Making a third runway would impact the world ALLOT, not to the scale 50 does, but it is still ALLOT. What if every airport made another runway, got new planes... The CO2 release would increase dramatic. And about the pole ice.. If that melts into the golf steam, almost all life in the sea would die out. The Golf Stream carries hot and cold water over the ocean. Without it we're pretty much fucked until we will be able to adapt a new ice age.

And we can do allot about it, how long do you think it takes for fungus to break down a tree? Last Ice Age was also due to the Golf stream, a big lake surrounded by ice was near it, the ice melted. What do you know? All that light fresh water fell right into it. Stopping the current, everything stopped and almost everything was covered by ice. Probably most of the big creatures died due to lack of food.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(10-26-2012, 06:36 PM)Midget Wrote: Thinking like that is ignorant, every little thing help.
Making a third runway would impact the world ALLOT, not to the scale 50 does, but it is still ALLOT. What if every airport made another runway, got new planes... The CO2 release would increase dramatic. And about the pole ice.. If that melts into the golf steam, almost all life in the sea would die out. The Golf Stream carries hot and cold water over the ocean. Without it we're pretty much fucked until we will be able to adapt a new ice age.

And we can do allot about it, how long do you think it takes for fungus to break down a tree? Last Ice Age was also due to the Golf stream, a big lake surrounded by ice was near it, the ice melted. What do you know? All that light fresh water fell right into it. Stopping the current, everything stopped and almost everything was covered by ice. Probably most of the big creatures died due to lack of food.

1) As I have said we are still in an ice age, we are currently in the process of thawing. So flooding is expected.

2) The weather systems in place on our planet are very complex and very versatile, meaning that anything could happen. Climate change is a continuous process that has been going on ever since the beginning of the Earth, we are foolish to think we can stop it or alter it in some way. Like, I said, all we can do is adapt.

3) You are being way to general with your theories and ideas, such as "the things we spray on these flowers would also cause environmental pollution", rubbish, we already have environmental-impact-free pesticides and fertilizers. You can't just name one thing like that and talk about it like it will halt humanity in it's tracks. We are human, we will adapt.

4) Even if a scenario like the one NycDude66 showed with the image appears, then humanity would adapt, there's still a massive amount of landmass there, and with more water farming would be easier in inland areas. New currents and air-streams would form. It's not all negative. And there's no way that would be sudden, tsunamis and floods recede back to the sea, so don't think of anything like the film The Day after Tomorrow to create what you see in that map. It would be incredibly gradual, enough time to plan.

Final point: One of the factors that slows down the input of CO2 into the atmosphere is plant life, which currently is sparse deep in the Arctic circle and no trees exist on the continent of Antarctica. If warming were to occur, then plant life would flourish at the Arctic and Antarctic extremes of the Earth, (although the light level would stay the same so you might not get trees, but you would get more shrubs and grass) which would over time soak up the CO2 in the atmosphere and make the Earth cooler again.

As you can see, there are so many possible outcomes, and not all of them are negative.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

As the APOLLO 11 landings and this I say:

"THATS BULLSHIT!!!"
We are speeding up the "natural" process, meaning life on earth won't be able to adapt the harsh environment. And anyway,
how can it be a ice age if the globe gets to hot? In the end nothing will be able to live on the planet due to the incredibly hot environment. Important animals will die out, and the "circle" (Fish eats bigger fish and so on) will stop.

An example of global warming is butterfly worms (Or whatever you call them)
They turn into butterflies to early, meaning the birds is not able to feed their young like they used too, meaning a lack of food. And the birds will die out. There are many examples of this, when thickening the ozone layer more heat will stay here on earth, and in the end no heat will go out into space. Making it hotter.

Btw, fossil fuel is not unlimited (unless you want to wait a few million years) So in time you will run out of it, what are you supposed to do then? That song is just stupid...

(10-27-2012, 04:05 PM)Warior135 Wrote: As the APOLLO 11 landings and this I say:

"THATS BULLSHIT!!!"
It's just a theory, that's not true.. Eh, but anyway, believe what you want..
Visit my profile here.
If it is real i dont mind warm weather.....if its not.....I dont mind cold weather
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:39969344&b=7]
Go fourth mighty Euro Truck Simulator warrior, run them down. Unleash your wrath upon the pedestrians. For the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
Yes but Earth can recover 'life'. The mass extinction events have led to 75% of life wiped out. Its recovered. Perhaps a blip of a 100 million years and life will be back!

*The end was a joke. Do not take seriously.*

Currently, 99.99% of life has been extinct.

My point on Heathrow was just a scenario, my opinion and speculation to an answer people have different views and opinions. The answer is indefinite.
Regards,
aviator
(10-27-2012, 04:53 PM)NycDude66 Wrote: The answer is indefinite.
No it's not. It's like math.

(10-27-2012, 04:27 PM)X Armless Gamer X Wrote: If it is real i dont mind warm weather.....if its not.....I dont mind cold weather
Would you like it to be so hot you couldn't walk outside, and any wood, or burnable material would burn just because of the heat? When you walk on the burned grass the underside of your shoe would melt? You would be isolated, pretty much from everyone.

Would you like it to be so cold you would freeze to death if you stayed outside for more than 10 second. Or so cold the freezing temperature would sneak into your bunker underneath the ground? Also, you wouldn't get access to almost any food, and you and your family would have to fight for survival, and eat each other? (same basically goes for the first example too.)

You don't want that.
Visit my profile here.
(10-27-2012, 04:15 PM)Midget Wrote: We are speeding up the "natural" process, meaning life on earth won't be able to adapt the harsh environment. And anyway,
how can it be a ice age if the globe gets to hot? In the end nothing will be able to live on the planet due to the incredibly hot environment. Important animals will die out, and the "circle" (Fish eats bigger fish and so on) will stop.

They turn into butterflies to early, meaning the birds is not able to feed their young like they used too, meaning a lack of food. And the birds will die out. There are many examples of this, when thickening the ozone layer more heat will stay here on earth, and in the end no heat will go out into space. Making it hotter.

Btw, fossil fuel is not unlimited (unless you want to wait a few million years) So in time you will run out of it, what are you supposed to do then? That song is just stupid...

(10-27-2012, 04:05 PM)Warior135 Wrote: As the APOLLO 11 landings and this I say:

"THATS BULLSHIT!!!"

As I have said before you are being far too general with what you are saying. And clearly you did not read or have ignored about what I have said regarding new opportunities for more CO2 reducing plant-life to grow in regions that are currently too cold for it to do so if the Earth does warm up. And we are in an ice age because the definition of an ice age is the presence of ice caps.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

(10-27-2012, 06:39 PM)SilentGamer Wrote:
(10-27-2012, 04:15 PM)Midget Wrote: We are speeding up the "natural" process, meaning life on earth won't be able to adapt the harsh environment. And anyway,

"THATS BULLSHIT!!!"

As I have said before you are being far too general with what you are saying. And clearly you did not read or have ignored about what I have said regarding new opportunities for more CO2 reducing plant-life to grow in regions that are currently too cold for it to do so if the Earth does warm up. And we are in an ice age because the definition of an ice age is the presence of ice caps.
What about the landscapes near the equator, lets use Greenland for an example, you want to use Greenland to grow new plants, so you use more CO2 or heat up the planet in other ways. Greenland starts to melt, Norway is pretty hot in the summer time now, Sweden as well. Move down to Africa, or maybe the USA too. The temp will be so hot there, at least in the summer time, making it unbearable. We could easily use most of Africa to grow these plants. Maybe even saving a ton of people in the process, getting food for the less unfortunate people. Instead of killing all people down with the equator.
Visit my profile here.
* trouserlessliam Puts on his aviators and prepares for 70 degree celsius weather.