What do you think of Global Warming?
(10-25-2012, 09:03 PM)PrivateToast Wrote: Global Warming would be amazing, I'm damn freezing, icy cold weather... PLEASE LET IT BE SUMMER, winter, fall, spring sucks in my eyes.. Smile

I take this applies to you?

[Image: f73d9c0e79ae80aac6c97061902aa4c7.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes William Lionheart's post:
  • aviator
(10-25-2012, 09:09 PM)William Lionheart Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 09:03 PM)PrivateToast Wrote: Global Warming would be amazing, I'm damn freezing, icy cold weather... PLEASE LET IT BE SUMMER, winter, fall, spring sucks in my eyes.. Smile

I take this applies to you?

[Image: f73d9c0e79ae80aac6c97061902aa4c7.jpg]

Haha, that picture is pretty good.
Whether you want to blame cars or any form of transport on climate change or not, it is known FOR CERTAIN that we are running out of oil, an issue that is very real indeed. I personally believe that everyone really should be investing in electric vehicles over the next few years. Not hybrid though, electric. Hybrid still uses fossil fuels and it's a wimpy excuse for being "ecofriendly", unless you are using biofuels, which in my opinion are far too sparse.

Bio-fuel production would really sort out the economy too, and bringing the development of the efficiency of hybrid/electric vehicles into focus then technology industry would also do it. Germany, for example, is in a highly positive financial situation at the moment because of their auto-mobile industry, but they are going to lose out when fossil fuels reach a ridiculous price unless they adapt and produce energy efficient and zero emission vehicles fully into the limelight.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

The gasses we are letting out, is thickening the ozone layer, when sun beams will come through more and more warmth will stay here at earth, not only making it hotter. But also melting the poles. One of the poles is floating, witch means it wouldn't make much difference. The other one is on solid land, when the pole ice melts, the water level will rise. And allot of places will be flooded, global warming and the greenhouse effect isn't bullshit.

And yes, it will be hotter, not only that. But massive glaciers are also melting... Oh yeah, golf stream, ever heard of that? Carries hot and cold water around the oceans. If the pole ice melts, it will disturb the golf stream. When this get's disturbed it WILL cause mayor destruction. Almost all life in the sea will die out, corals will die. And we may go into a new ice age...

Imagine the huge landscapes that would be taken into growing bio fuel then? It would be almost impossible, and all the things we spray on these flowers would also cause environmental pollution, without it though, the flowers would be eaten up insects and animals.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • aviator
I don't mind any weather at all
Starting from hot +50° in Sahara desert, ending up to Siberian -40°

But honestly, I have read so many predictions and researches in global warming, it starts to concern me
Sounds fun.
The following 1 user Likes The_Alpha_Dog's post:
  • aviator
(10-26-2012, 02:25 PM)Midget Wrote: The gasses we are letting out, is thickening the ozone layer, when sun beams will come through more and more warmth will stay here at earth, not only making it hotter. But also melting the poles. One of the poles is floating, witch means it wouldn't make much difference. The other one is on solid land, when the pole ice melts, the water level will rise. And allot of places will be flooded, global warming and the greenhouse effect isn't bullshit.

And yes, it will be hotter, not only that. But massive glaciers are also melting... Oh yeah, golf stream, ever heard of that? Carries hot and cold water around the oceans. If the pole ice melts, it will disturb the golf stream. When this get's disturbed it WILL cause mayor destruction. Almost all life in the sea will die out, corals will die. And we may go into a new ice age...

This has happened countless times throughout the history of the planet, for example when many species of fungus evolved to digest dead trees, this released a huge amount of CO2 very quickly. Climate change cannot be stopped, the only thing to do is to adapt.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea

The following 1 user Likes SilentGamer's post:
  • aviator
We can slow it down by not poluting the earth, anyway. If this would be true.. It would still be the same up in the sky. And it would happen much quickly. We are a MAYOR cause in global warming, and if it would happen more quickly. How do we know the earth could adapt to it?
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(10-26-2012, 02:35 PM)Midget Wrote: We can slow it down by not poluting the earth, anyway. If this would be true.. It would still be the same up in the sky. And it would happen much quickly. We are a MAYOR cause in global warming, and if it would happen more quickly. How do we know the earth could adapt to it?

It's about us adapting to it, not the Earth.

The following 1 user Likes SilentGamer's post:
  • aviator
Yes, it is more devastating to us than the Earth but like I said it depends on the 'rate' at which the climate changes. Wouldn't it be logical to say that the faster it changes the less chance species have to adapt which would mean the higher chance of extinction? CO2 is being released at 'HUGE' rates and the estimation is 1 degree Celsius ever 100 years, that is incredibly fast! Humans may die out, who cares? Well, we do, we all do. Secretly, but no one shows it. Like I said its all about 'Here and Now!' not what life will be like in 50 years time. In fact, my guess is in 50 years time there will be no such thing as plastic, it requires fossil fuels to make, that will be gone. Electricity? That will go. Possibly. Air Travel? Gone. Trade? Back to the time when it took ages to get across the oceans, Economical impact? HUGE.

The above is all speculation, I don't know for sure. But to me seems likely. I want to be alive when this happens, to laugh at all the morons who kept thinking 'Oh don't worry' or 'It will be fine when it happens'. NO! It won't, It SHOULDN'T, It should be devastating. Perhaps?

Climate change is real. FACT. Is it a major problem? Not Known. Can we do much? Not really, seeing how ignorant people are. I don't believe cars and transportation are issues. All of the 'Environmentalists' or 'Green people' Piss me off. Need a third runway at Heathrow? Who cares, what is it going to do? Nothing. Remove houses whom of which most of the people are probably on Welfare, Will it affect the Environment? Possibly, but why would we care? We damage it enough each day, what will an extra runway do?

See where the arguments can come from? I don't wish to begin a full scale war, if you like, but the future seems dark...

Possible Earth:

Regards,
aviator