What do you think of Global Warming?
Question 
Hello Fearless,

I am writing this post to find out what you guys think of Global Warming.

The reason of this is because during the past few Biology lessons we have been looking at 'Human Impact on the Environment' and one of the topics was 'Air Pollution: The Greenhouse Effect'. Now I know 'The Greenhouse Effect' is different to Global Warming but Global Warming is a consequence of 'The Greenhouse Effect'. I personally think that it is a natural cycle but humans aren't making things better, as in we are speeding up the process. An alarming think my teacher said was, if the climate was to rise mosquitoes which carry Malaria would be able to live in the UK. A disease unfamiliar with our bodies can be devastating!

So basically I just want to here your views and thoughts on this controversial topic.
Regards,
aviator
The temperature would never rise enough to allow Malaria carrying mosquitoes in the UK, it is not a threat in several nations that have a much warmer climate than ours. This map shows the distribution of Malaria: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Paludisme.png As you can see, even places like Florida in the USA has little Malaria risk, even though the temperature there averages 21.5 degrees C throughout the year.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

The following 1 user Likes SilentGamer's post:
  • aviator
Global Warming is just bullshit , its hippie talk to scare the unknowing people. Really earth is just repeating the cycles it made in the past since the beginning of its existence , so yeah for a few hundred years it will get warmer then it will get all colder again and so the cycle will repeat , etc , etc
The following 5 users Like William Lionheart's post:
  • aviator, Slick Rick, Blonde, DarkSider, Absinthe
Also, my view on the "warming" part of the whole idea is that personally I believe that it is entirely natural and that our climate is ultimately influenced by the activity of the sun. Why must people blame the receiver and not the source? It's like saying the lack of light in a room is the fault of the people in the room and not the light bulb. Furthermore, the climate of any country is dictated for the most part by the Earth's tilt and the exposure to the sun, meaning that even if the Earth was insulated with "greenhouse gasses" to a big extent by human activity then there's a cap on how much warming could take place. If the man-made theories were to be true then the UK could only really warm up a few more degrees in terms of average temperatures because of the Northerly latitude which would still allow for snowfall in the winter and would mean that our summers would maybe reach into the 30s more often but only at the height of the season. Of course there are many other deciding factors such as the gulf stream but as I said, it is my belief that it's all really down to the sun's activity.

Might I also add that the definition of an ice age is the presence or expansion of ice sheets on Earth. As there are ice sheets present, we are still in an ice age. Of course, it is true that our ice sheets are declining, and rapidly, but this is because we are exiting the ice age. Need I mention that it is most likely because of the sun's activity?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Idea
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

The following 2 users Like SilentGamer's post:
  • aviator, William Lionheart
Global warming is bullshit.

Moscow temperatures have gotten hotter lately, but still, I doubt its because of global warming.

I'm going to be driving whatever car I want to, I'm going leave my lights on for as long as I want to, and no hippies are going to stop me.
The following 2 users Like Verenikin's post:
  • aviator, William Lionheart
Yes, I was doing a presentation in class, me and my partner prefer to call it 'climate cange' because it is true, the climates are changing, but like Lionheart said, it is a cycle that will repeat. It is a natural cycle. It will keep going but if the change is so slow, wouldn't humans adapt the the 'increasing temperatures'? Surely, in 100 or 200 years time, we could adapt to the changing environment, I am not sure but, I presume many other animals have adapted and changed through supposed 'Climate change'.
Regards,
aviator
God damn Commies, causin' global warming.

-'Murican n' proud.
This song is danish and called "Use More Co2 (The Climate Crisis Is A Giant Lie" on english.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTE3x3-T5lk

IMO, i think it's just a huge lie told by the hippies to scare the world.

The following 1 user Likes Blonde's post:
  • PrivateToast
I forgot to write it down in my last post: Few years ago when an Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore was released , one of my teachers decided that it was a smart idea to go watch the movies . Bunch of 14-15 year olds watching a movie about global warming HAZZAH! Even the teachers besides him where bored of it. Anyway its been proven that whole the movie was a set up by the rich and power full people (i don't remember the program that unraveled it) and is not true at all. All that shit about global warming and shit like : Leave the car choose the bike , is really annoying not to mention the politicians promoting these actions are huge ass hypocrites. They increase the taxes on cars , gas and what not but they keep driving their own BMW's , Mercedes and whatever fat cars. If they want to ban the cars , start with yourselves first before criticizing other people. What annoys me the most are those "green people" The people who always use the bikes because its good for the "environment" , not only are they annoying like hell but pretty much insane. Is it really worth it to leave the car at home to go ride your bike with your kids , that are barely 5 year old and barely can ride their bikes on busy roads ? Seriously every morning i see people like that risking their kids lives just to save the "environment" . At the moment i pretty much hate kids but seriously i wouldn't risk my children their lives if i have em juts for the "environment"

Speaking of banning car's a lot of those politicians are fucking retarded. I live in the city of Antwerp , Belgium's biggest transport and delivery hub . It's so important that it's basically seen as the capital of Belgium . Yet there are politicians who want to ban cars , buses and trucks out of this city. How the fuck is that even possible when its a critical factor for Import and Export? Obviously the dumb shits that come up with these idea's don't live here so they don't care. In a few years they are planning to make the city's center completely "vehicle" free so only trams and bikes can ride there (not sure about motorcycle's) In the city's center there are shitloads of shopping malls , stores and what not that need their goods delivered. For example you have to deliver a ton of goods to a hardware store but your truck is not allowed to drive as close to the store as possible , so basically you have to park your truck at the edge of the city and are forced to find a solution to deliver those goods all the way in the city's center. In my class is a stupid bitch that obviously can't think straight and agrees with those dumb politicians saying it's the delivery companies problem to deal with it.

Not only is it impossible to ban the car out of the cities their solution is completely useless. Use the public transportation is what you get: It getting more and more expensive , they're always running late , they keep switching their routes so you barely can know which one goes where and you're always pushed together like a can of sardines. I'm a pretty lazy guy (nowadays its no longer true) but i prefer to just go on foot then use the public transportation. I hate the public transportation for those reasons , even if i have to drag myself home or to school , i prefer that then using the public transportation . I only use it as a last resort and time is slim.

As for the summers becoming hotter and winters colder? Well my sister said it correctly: "We're to spoiled of not having though winters , barely any snow that we're not used it to it." Back in the 70's and 80's they had colder winters too , its just a cycle that keeps going on . It's like SilentGamer says: We're still in the ice age , yes the polar caps are melting but by the time they're completely gone , it will become a lot more colder once more. Even if it gets hotter and colder we'll adapt to it , we've done so before and will do so again. Sure some cities like Venice will disappear but that's going to happen multiple times , you've seen it before many places are going under and some places will come up. Hell even IF Atlantis exist it wouldn't surprise me that at some point it will pop up again and then Venice will be the Atlantis of then. So using cars more or less won't matter its the sun's activity , its not doing anything if you use a car or not. Besides if another solar flash comes and we're going to be fucked ? Better take a seat and enjoy the show till it lasts because there's nothing we can do about it. Global Warming makes as much sense as 2012 being the end of the earth
Global Warming would be amazing, I'm damn freezing, icy cold weather... PLEASE LET IT BE SUMMER, winter, fall, spring sucks in my eyes.. Smile